Windows 10: touchpad

Discus and support touchpad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I have an HP puter running windows 10. I am having problems where as the touchpad is oversensitive and is causing probs like resizing screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by supertonk2, Sep 6, 2019.

1. touchpad

Hi all, I have an HP puter running windows 10. I am having problems where as the touchpad is oversensitive and is causing probs like resizing screen and when I use pointer on sidebar the screen scrolls down uncontrolled and wont scroll up unless I refresh page. any ideas plz..

:)

supertonk2, Sep 6, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 6, 2019
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Sep 6, 2019
  4. touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

touchpad

1. touchpad - Similar Threads - touchpad

2. lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue: Windows 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.476 Synaptics driver version 19.4.18.35 The touchpad worked flawlessly in the previous version but after the update of windows it stopped working I've uninstalled and reinstalled and then updated again and many other things but...
  3. How do I disable the touchpad on my Lenovo laptop?

How do I disable the touchpad on my Lenovo laptop?: The text began to jump so I lowered the sensitivity on the touchpad to low. This helped a little but there is still some jumping when I type. Going to settings shows that the touchpad is enabled but I cannnot find any way to uncheck the box. I use a wireless mouse and am...
  4. Touchpad it's not working after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad it's not working after last update: I just up to date my laptop and now the touchpad don't work, its a way to get out this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-its-not-working-after-last-update/e7052d3e-d870-46a8-928d-52aa828b28d7
  5. Touchpad Gestures not working on itunes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad Gestures not working on itunes.: My ASUS VivoBook s15 has recently had an issue with the touchpad, where when I use gestures such as three fingers tap to play and pause, or swipe left and right to go to previous and next track, in iTunes, they do not work. Microsoft help has been useless, so I’m hoping you...
  6. Touchpad gesture to minimize a window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touchpad gesture to minimize a window: In the advanced gesture settings for a touchpad, I can set the three-finger gesture swipe downwards, to mean minimizing a window. This does not work. What it actually does, is restore a maximized window to its nonmaximized size, and only the second time this gesture is...
  7. ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures

ASUS Win 10 touchpad gestures: Hi I can't find a way to turn on touchpad gestures. Have previously been able to use Have tried updating/repairing drivers In settings there is no option only a link to website about gestures. Can anyone suggest a solution? Regards...
  8. Touchpad

Touchpad: I just got my dell laptop factory reset and now some of the settings for the touchpad are missing. I also can't scroll with two fingers or swipe up with three. Those settings are missing...
  9. Touchpad Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Malfunctioning: I have a windows 10. I spilled water slightly on my touchpad, and now I cannot move my mouse, it spazzes out and I have to use the touch screen to click on anything. I cleaned up the water on the touchpad and whatever fell on the keyboard as well, but my keyboard is working...
  10. Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?

Where has my synaptics touchpad control panel disappeared?: Synaptics smbus touch pad on HP Pavilion laptop running windows 10 x64 update 1903 When the laptop was purchased it had windows 10 1709. the synaptic touchpad driver was the most recent and there was a control panel applet to change the settings of the touchpad. Then came...