Windows 10: Touchpad

Discus and support Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I turn off the touchpad on my new hp laptop using windows 10. None of the previous options (on other computers) are available and uninstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PIELDI23, Sep 7, 2019.

1. PIELDI23 Win User

Touchpad

How do I turn off the touchpad on my new hp laptop using windows 10. None of the previous options (on other computers) are available and uninstalling the driver doesn't have any effect because windows reinstalls it on startup. And why have Microsoft done this?

:)

PIELDI23, Sep 7, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Sep 7, 2019
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Touchpad

1. Touchpad - Similar Threads - Touchpad

2. Touchpad gestures not working after updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gestures not working after updates in Windows 10: I use a Dell Latitude 3490 laptop. One day suddenly my touchpad gestures stopped working. Pointing was working, only the multi-finger gestures didn't. I looked up in device manager and found that one I2C HID Device was not working (it had a yellow exclamation mark on it). I...
  3. How do I turn the touchpad off(and/or on), on a HP laptop(15-db0015dx), using Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I turn the touchpad off(and/or on), on a HP laptop(15-db0015dx), using Windows 10?: The subject(above)pretty much says what I'm trying to find out. I've had laptops in the past where the touchpads could be disabled/enabled by the fn + f9 keys on the keyboard. I've tried that. I've done research, and tried lots of different suggestions. I don't use it. I...
  4. Touchpad isn't working

Touchpad isn't working: I updated my laptop evening then I just run it maybe at 12.00 pm and now it's toucjpad isn't working . Don't know what happen just please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-isnt-working/5645d67e-d34e-4590-b65e-0a79cfffd81e
  5. touchpad too sensitive in windows 10

touchpad too sensitive in windows 10: My touchpad clicks on its own as I pass over a cell using using EXCEL worksheet EXCEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-too-sensitive-in-windows-10/4108cf14-791a-4500-8c45-30766854dad9
  6. Unable to Disable or Fully Uninstall Driver for TouchPad (HP Computer) (Windows 10)

Unable to Disable or Fully Uninstall Driver for TouchPad (HP Computer) (Windows 10): My HP Laptop has a TouchPad which I am unable to disable, model number 15-db0015dx. I have a USB mouse and am wishing to disable, be it temporary or permanent, my touchpad. I have done several months of research to no avail. Today I figured out how to uninstall the...
  7. windows 10 laptop the touchpad cursor selects anything it touches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 laptop the touchpad cursor selects anything it touches: windows 10 laptop the touchpad cursor selects anything it touches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-laptop-the-touchpad-cursor-selects/cf4c4354-ddf5-4f1a-b83b-d3dfc9e10aca
  8. Touchpad/Mouse

Touchpad/Mouse: Hi Everyone, I just finished a Windows Update that took several hours, a couple of days ago. I am now having issues with my cursor hovering and changing placement based on where the cursor is. I have muted and unmuted myself on conference calls just because cursor was...
  9. Mouse/Touchpad Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mouse/Touchpad Issue: Hello, From time to time I experience a very irritating issue with my ASUS X202E laptop in which my cursor randomly jumps all over the screen when I try to use the touchpad or the touch screen. I have absolutely no idea what can be causing the issue and often I simply...
  10. REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD

REGARDING LAPTOP TOUCHPAD=KEYBOARD: HELLO, AS I UPDATED MY WIN10[1803] MY TOUCHPAD+KEYBOARD STOPPED FUNTIONING, EVEN AFTER UPDATING THE DRIVERS MANUALLY AND AUTOMATICALLY FROM THE INTERNET PROBLEM REMAINS THE SAME. CAN GENEIUS MICROSOFT HELP ME....