Windows 10: touchpad

Discus and support touchpad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can I get rid of the synaptic's touchpad, permanently?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sibedog, Sep 11, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

1. Sibedog Win User

touchpad

How can I get rid of the synaptic's touchpad, permanently?

:)

2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

4. touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

Thema:

touchpad

1. touchpad - Similar Threads - touchpad

2. Touchpad can no longer be disabled after 29 August Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad can no longer be disabled after 29 August Windows update: Since I installed a Windows update on 29 August I have lost the ability to disable the touchpad on my HP laptop when I plug a mouse in. I have tried removing the drivers, uninstalling the device etc. but nothing seems to be able to stop the touchpad working. Is there...
  3. Help me disable touchpad gestures, please.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help me disable touchpad gestures, please.: So I have an Exibel bluetooth keyboard model 38-6917/HB087 which features a touchpad. This is a keyboard bought at Clas Ohlson Norway and does not have proper support, so I can't find any properly configured drivers. this means that since it technically is third-party and...
  4. Ghost Bubbles and Loss of Controlling touchpad to Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ghost Bubbles and Loss of Controlling touchpad to Off: Ever since the 1903 update, I am having Ghost Bubbles that literally takes control over my computer until I have to either Shut it down with the power button or try to hit the Restart button. I have tried to find Anyone that can help with the Ghost Bubbles, and the only thing...
  5. Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop

Can't turn off tapping for Synaptics SMBus TouchPad on HP laptop: Hello, I want to disable tapping on my touchpad, because it keeps getting in the way when I am typing on the keyboard. I tried following various instructions online, but they don't work for me, namely because the option to turn off tapping doesnt seem to be there. When I...
  6. Windows 10 - Some parts of the UI and touchpad gesture not working sometimes

Windows 10 - Some parts of the UI and touchpad gesture not working sometimes: I'm facing a strange issue with my Windows 10 machine. I'm on the latest build that is 18362.239. Sometimes part of the GUI is not working (All GUI including the settings UI). new For example, if i have chrome opened. When the issue occurs, I'm not able to move the...
  7. Can't disable touchpad tap funnction following windows update

Can't disable touchpad tap funnction following windows update: Following the latest Windows update, the touchpad tap function became enabled. There now seems to be no means to disable it. It was disabled previously and I would like to keep it that way....
  8. How do I disable my touchpad

How do I disable my touchpad: Since the update, my touchpad settings are gone. The only option I have is to lower my sensitivity. I try clicking on Precision touchpad settings but it always takes me to the basic settings. Before the update I had my touchpad disabled because it drives me nuts when I am...
  9. touchpad along with other problems

touchpad along with other problems: hello i have lenovo ideapad y700 15isk. look , i have observed that whenever touchpad stops working and when i hover the cursor with my wireless mouse over the open programs in taskbar the thumbnail preview is not shown. and not only this, when i am working on a 3d software...
  10. How to lock zoom on touchpad?

How to lock zoom on touchpad?: How to lock touchpad zoom? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-zoom-on-touchpad/9cb2ef88-3bcf-423a-abe4-aa39b52e0de5