Windows 10: touchpad

Discus and support touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I select then drag and drop with the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad/19d3f79b-a7a2-4971-b276-3f29b6d0ae68 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doggiedoright, Oct 21, 2019.

1. touchpad

How do I select then drag and drop with the touchpad?

:)

doggiedoright, Oct 21, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 21, 2019
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Oct 21, 2019
  4. touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

touchpad

1. touchpad - Similar Threads - touchpad

2. How to disable a touchpad when a bluetooth mouse is attached

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable a touchpad when a bluetooth mouse is attached: I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop. I would like to disable the touchpad when my HP Bluetooth mouse is present. I have looked at several help posts but I do not find the option to disable the touchpad from the setting page on the touchpad or on the mouse page....
  3. Windows 10 Inverting Touchpad Scroll Direction

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Inverting Touchpad Scroll Direction: Apologies if this is a silly question, but I cannot for the life of me find the option that will allow me to inverse the touchpad scrolling direction. I've checked everywhere I could think of, which includes just the settings, advanced settings yes, I've gone through all of...
  4. Touchpad middle click not working for gestures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad middle click not working for gestures: I have my Windows Precision touchpad configured so it does the middle click when I do a 3 finger tap. It was working on my touchpad before. In the past week or so, it has not been working. I am able to do other actions with the 3 finger tap like activate Windows search. For...
  5. disabling touchpad when external mouse is attached

disabling touchpad when external mouse is attached: After one of the most recent Microsoft Windows 10 updates, a feature on our HP Spectre x360 notebook stopped working. Prior to that update, we could enter touchpad setting, additional settings, and click on 'disable internal pointing device when external pointing device is...
  6. Again asking for help on touchpad issue

Again asking for help on touchpad issue: my touch pad is still not working no settings found in my device manager/control panel regarding any was of enable two finger scroll or gestures. plzzz help i dont know what to do : i literally just bought this laptop not too long ago and im already having problems the...
  7. Touchpad driver has disappeared from the device manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad driver has disappeared from the device manager?: My touchpad completely stopped working and from research I assumed it was either broken or was a software issue, however all of the issues suggested I needed to un and then reinstall the touchpad driver. But when I went to look for it it seemingly doesn’t exist, I can’t see...
  8. My left side of my touchpad isn't working properly

My left side of my touchpad isn't working properly: My left side of the touchpad isn't broken or anyhting but it sometimes doesn't work properly. When I want to highlight some words it won't function. It takes me a couple of times pressing the button to work. Or when I want to drag a tab or images, I have to click a little...
  9. Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows

Touchpad freezes even after resetting Windows: The touchpad freezes for long periods even after resetting Windows. Looks like a driver problem but I tried installing a previous version from the HP product page and it doesn't work, it says it can't be installed on this Windows version, whatever that means, so I have to...
  10. toshiba touchpad activate

toshiba touchpad activate: how do I activate Toshiba touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-touchpad-activate/13778535-d100-4149-baf3-d2854b2d3ca6