Windows 10: touchpad

Discus and support touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad stopped working. Instructions said to find the touchpad in the device manager, but the touchpad isn't listed anywhere. Not under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lingo65, May 23, 2020.

1. Lingo65 Win User

touchpad

My touchpad stopped working. Instructions said to find the touchpad in the device manager, but the touchpad isn't listed anywhere. Not under "touchpad" and not under "mice and other pointing devices.

:)

Lingo65, May 23, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 23, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, May 23, 2020
  4. touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, May 23, 2020
Thema:

touchpad

1. touchpad - Similar Threads - touchpad

2. How to use Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time on your Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time on your Windows computer: [ATTACH]If you can’t figure out a way to enable & use touchpad and keyboard at the same time, this trick shows you how to use […] This article How to use Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time on your Windows computer first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad/mousepad randomly became super slow: i was texting with my friends on discord just about 30 minutes ago, my mousepad was acting fine and moving at the normal speed. i closed the tab and went afk for a few minutes, i came back and my mousepad was sooo slow. i can move it still, but its so slow that its just...
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition - how to disable the touchpad sensor when I'm using a wired mouse?

Windows 10 Home Edition - how to disable the touchpad sensor when I'm using a wired mouse?: This is driving me crazy. I cannot type or do keyboarding without my cursor flying around the monitor screen. Ditto for other unintentional commands as I use my laptop. The problem is that huge sensor touchpad that lays under my wrists and hands as I type and keyboard. It's...
  5. touchpad and cursor not working after Windows 10 install

touchpad and cursor not working after Windows 10 install: Touchpad and cursor not working after windows 10 install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-cursor-not-working-after-windows-10/e4ee128c-83f3-4394-8495-1f91caa4bc1c
  6. TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP

TOUCHPAD IS GONE AFTER UPDATING TO WINDOWS 10 . HELP: After I updated from 8.1 to 10 touchpad stopped working. I have tried everything that is suggested over google. but no use. Can anyone help? I'm using acer....
  7. Synaptics TouchPad randomly stops working

Synaptics TouchPad randomly stops working: My laptop is only a week old, but during this last week, the TouchPad randomly stops working. Occasionally, a hard reset gets it going again. The lates "Event Report" is shown below. WHAT IS THE FIX? HP Notebook 15-db1068au Description: Device ACPI\SYN327B\4&4b7cf27&0...
  8. Touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad not working: When I install the Windows 10 enterprise the touchpad is suddenly not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working/be21febf-d74a-48eb-a4ec-778237660ebb
  9. Precision touchpad not working.

Precision touchpad not working.: After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After...
  10. Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor doesn't continue moving when my finger reaches the edge of touchpad.: Normally when I am selecting text on a browser, as I start selecting text by double tapping on my touchpad and dragging my finger till the cursor reaches the required end of text. If the text was too long, after my finger reached the edge of the touchpad, the cursor used to...