Windows 10: Touchpad

Discus and support Touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My little brother smashed my touchpad for no reason, and now my touchpad is bent. How will I be able to fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SHOWMICKZAMAN, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Touchpad

My little brother smashed my touchpad for no reason, and now my touchpad is bent. How will I be able to fix it.

:)

SHOWMICKZAMAN, Nov 26, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 26, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Touchpad

1. Touchpad - Similar Threads - Touchpad

2. Touchpad SettingElan not available after updating to Version 20H2 in Lenovo Ideapad 330

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad SettingElan not available after updating to Version 20H2 in Lenovo Ideapad 330: Recently I updated by Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop to window 10 Version 20H2 and after that I found that I was unable to use 2 Finger scroll function, 3 finger swipe and other multi-finger feature which I used to perform earlier. I am so used too this feature and its really...
  3. Cortana pops up when using Touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana pops up when using Touchpad: Sometimes when working with touchpad Cortana pops up. I'm not sure which gesture triggers it. How can I disable Cortana starting up b touchpad? I'm on an ASUS so touchpad driver is ASUS Smart Gesture. submitted by /u/DaLazyGamer [link] [comments]...
  4. Loss of function on ACER touchpad after Windows 10 reset

Loss of function on ACER touchpad after Windows 10 reset: Dear Microsoft Community, I contact you in total amazement that a simple process can cause so many problems and difficulties, I have an ACER Aspire laptop approx. 5-6 years old which after installing recent Windows updates my PC shutdown time increased significantly, I...
  5. I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have "leave touchpad on when mouse is connected" off but when I disconnect the mouse the...: Basically that's the issue, the touchpad does not activate upon disconnecting the mouse. If i activate leave touchpad on with no mouse it activates again as if a mouse is connected. submitted by /u/DerpyPlayz18 [link] [comments]...
  6. Elan Touchpad and Device Manager

Elan Touchpad and Device Manager: I have a Windows 10 Laptop Today I removed device or disabled touchpad on Elan Toucpad, after this i could still use the touchpad so I went to device manager and disabled it there Now on my home screen i cannot see my cursor and when i click nothing happens. cannot get...
  7. Missing Touchpad Driver after Windows update

Missing Touchpad Driver after Windows update: I installed the windows update about a week ago. I upgraded my windows 1909 to 20H2 but after the update I found that my touchpad ain't working anymore. I tried different methods and downloaded different drivers to regain my touchpad but I can't bring it back. I tried to...
  8. Touchpad and mouse corrupted causing uncontrolled operations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad and mouse corrupted causing uncontrolled operations: Dear All I would like some help with a serious issue that has started approximately a fortnight ago with my Windows 10 system. I have a Dell Alienware R15 laptop and a Logitech MX Master 2S mouse. Whenever the mouse or the touchpad are activated the computer will instantly...
  9. Windows 10 latest update Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 latest update Touchpad: "Latest windows 10 update removed the "disable touchpad when usb mouse is detected" option from settings. Pls reinstate. Very important to lots of users." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-touchpad/0f08cd70-8ce0-47d9-b40b-82879e6fc660
  10. Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad

Windows does not sleep after getting touchpad: I bought a new touchpad mouse. I plugged it in and it seemed to install correctly. It works great. Except that Windows no longer sleeps after inactivity. I have had this touchpad for several weeks now; I have restarted Windows numerous times. What makes Windows think I...