Windows 10: touchpad

Discus and support touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell xps 13 2 in1 model 9365. The touchpad has problems. It is controlled by the mouse driver. It will not shut off using the normal system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeraldSmith9, Apr 18, 2021.

1. touchpad

I have a dell xps 13 2 in1 model 9365. The touchpad has problems. It is controlled by the mouse driver. It will not shut off using the normal system methods. Please don't direct me to the touchpad system page to disable it. That does nothing. I have gone so far as to disable it in the registry to no avail. The only thing that shuts it off is if I delete the mouse driver but that also disables the mouse. The additional functions of the touchpad such as swiping etc. no longer work. Only mouse functions work left and right clicking etc. Tapping the surface does nothing. It is behaving like a mouse as it is controlled by the mouse driver. I have update all the drivers but nothing works. Dell tells me that I have all the proper drivers, except I do not have a touchpad driver. Please help.

:)

GeraldSmith9, Apr 18, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 18, 2021
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Apr 18, 2021
  4. touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

touchpad

1. touchpad - Similar Threads - touchpad

2. Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable touchpad when external mouse connected - HP Envy: Last year, I had a toggle that enabled me to disable the touchpad, but it's no longer present. All enquiries I've looked at show a feature in Settings/Touchpad that's not there on my laptop. Can anyone please help me to recover the feature that was previously available?...
  3. my touchpad cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my touchpad cursor disappeared: pls help my cursor suddenly disappeared!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-cursor-disappeared/8ee90a65-fe97-4c66-8ff4-c358714cced1
  4. Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected: I used to be able to have my touchpad shut off automatically when I connect an external mouse. I don't know which update it was, but I have recently realized that my touchpad is back on while the external mouse is connected. I don't use the touchpad as my hand tends to "tap"...
  5. Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected

Disabling touchpad while external mouse connected: I used to be able to have my touchpad shut off automatically when I connect an external mouse. I don't know which update it was, but I have recently realized that my touchpad is back on while the external mouse is connected. I don't use the touchpad as my hand tends to "tap"...
  6. I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm in the middle of setting up Windows 10 and i have no keyboard or touchpad function....: Hello, I just installed Windows 10 on this laptop and when I started through the set-up process I realizedI had no keyboard or touchpad to fill in my account info. Please help, I'm stuck....
  7. Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad Not Working After Installing Windows 10: I have a laptop with preinstalled windows 10 20h2 and my 20h2 ISO was not working properly so, I installed Windows 10 1511 as windows update was not working. Now the touchpad is not working and I have to use an external mouse, so how can I get the touchpad working again?...
  8. touchpad scrolling direction

touchpad scrolling direction: i just but a surface pro 4 for my mum and her ask me to change the touchpad scrolling directon. Ive searched some detail from google and those said that i can change the direction in setting touchpad gesture. However, i couldnt see any touchpad corner in the setting. How can...
  9. Touchpad not working, drags , slows, stops

Touchpad not working, drags , slows, stops: I have an Acer Predator Helios - 300.I have tried for 2 months to get the touchpad to work properly, problem has only gotten worse.I try to update driver, uninstall touchpad and restart, get ACER drivers installed, Nothing has worked. I can hit Fn f7 - Fn f7 to turn...
  10. How to use touchpad in tablet mode or tent mode

How to use touchpad in tablet mode or tent mode: Hi,I have Windows 10 - HP Spectra 360 laptop. When I bend my laptop above 180 degrees, the system automatically disabling the touchpad mouse pad & keyboard.Can someone suggest me how can I use the touchpad and keyboard in the tab mode or tent mode?I have made device Regedit >...