Windows 10: Touchpad

Discus and support Touchpad in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a ZenBook and my touchpad isn;t working. When I try and turn it on it just says touchpad disabled, and when I go to setting theres no settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by emily.7, May 18, 2021.

1. emily.7 Win User

Touchpad

I have a ZenBook and my touchpad isn;t working. When I try and turn it on it just says touchpad disabled, and when I go to setting theres no settings for touchpad. please help!

:)

emily.7, May 18, 2021
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 18, 2021
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, May 18, 2021
  4. Touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Touchpad

1. Touchpad - Similar Threads - Touchpad

2. How to fix touchpad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix touchpad problem: I want to ask this issue I meet when I was took laptop in my company. In setting, my laptop do not have touchpad option for setting and add driver. How to fix this problem? Thanks for all...
  3. How I can solve my problem of my touchpad ?

How I can solve my problem of my touchpad ?: pls my touchpad not working and the cursor is missing when I disconnect my mouse and the setting and driver of touchpad is missing and I can t download the touchpad driver for my laptop pls help....
  4. touchpad sensitivity how to change it

touchpad sensitivity how to change it: Today, after I reset my laptop computer (it had been stuck up) my computer is more sensitive than I'd like. It shades far too easily. I tried to fix the problem by typing in "touchpad" into my search bar and then moving the slider down to zero. But it remains unchanged - I...
  5. Elan touchpad not showing in device manager

Elan touchpad not showing in device manager: HP Pavilion x360 11-u006tuWindows 10 I let the Device Manager update the ELAN Touchpad driver. Big mistake. Now the ELAN tab in the mouse driver control panel has disappeared. This is where I did stuff like make it so sliding my finger up and down the right side acted like...
  6. touchpad sensitivity how to change it

in Windows 10 Support
    touchpad sensitivity how to change it: Today, after I reset my laptop computer (it had been stuck up) my computer is more sensitive than I'd like. It shades far too easily. I tried to fix the problem by typing in "touchpad" into my search bar and then moving the slider down to zero. But it remains unchanged - I...
  7. Lenovo V15-IIL Elan Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lenovo V15-IIL Elan Touchpad: I just bought this laptop and I can not find how to turn off the Pinch Zoom.In devices it just says Elan Pointing device and the tabs stop at Hardware.I have the latest Lenovo touchpad drivers installed.Other people have mentioned a Nav Tab or an Elan tab to change what the...
  8. Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking

Touchpad Mouse Freezes When Clicking: I recently got a new laptop HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000. The main issue I'm having with this laptop is that it utilizes a new feature called "precision touchpad" that streamlines the touchpad to make it suited for office use / general use. I use the...
  9. Touchpad problems after latest MS update on Lenovo ideapad 320 with Windows 10

Touchpad problems after latest MS update on Lenovo ideapad 320 with Windows 10: After the latest MS update the right click on my touchpad stopped working. Finally got this fixed by restoring the previous driver. But I'm still having problems. Hover click keeps happening even though I have this turned off. In Google, the window keeps switching around if...
  10. Touchpad Buttons

Touchpad Buttons: I've tried so many things to try and fix it.. I've been trying to fix the buttons the lower buttons won't work and its such a pain is there anybody with advice or knows how to fix it?...