Windows 10: Touchscreen finger input not working for a few seconds after using pen

Discus and support Touchscreen finger input not working for a few seconds after using pen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I just bought an Asus Zenbook Flip UX563FD and I'm having a few issues with the touchscreen. It comes with a pen I regularly use for taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kuhl, Jan 28, 2021.

1. kuhl Win User

Touchscreen finger input not working for a few seconds after using pen

Hello!
    I just bought an Asus Zenbook Flip UX563FD and I'm having a few issues with the touchscreen. It comes with a pen I regularly use for taking notes. It is also compatible with other pens like the Surface pen.
    Whenever I just used the pen and want to scroll up or down, it will take the notebook a few seconds (2-3) to register my finger-input again. This might not sound too bad but when you use the pen a lot it gets really annoying.
    I was wondering if there is a setting or way to fix this issue. My drivers should be up to date. Are there drivers I don't know of or settings I can change? My windows version is 20H2 Build 19042.746 .
    Thank you, kind regards Touchscreen finger input not working for a few seconds after using pen :)

:)

2. How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

Alternatively, another expert suggested that you do the following steps.

1. Open "Settings", and click/tap on the "Devices" icon.

2. Click/tap on "Pen & Windows Ink" on the left tab.

3. Check (on) or uncheck (off - default) Ignore touch input when I’m using my pen

Best regards,

Dan

dnnglvcnt8, Jan 28, 2021
  3. gklappe Win User
    Touchscreen/pen input issues since 1803

I'm currently evaluating problems on touchscreen boards with active pen(ERM) support(Prowise). These touchscreens use optic imaging to handle touch input on large screens. These use standard components and are ready to go after plugging in operating in HID
    Mode. These are mostly used for education purposes.

Ever since 1803 using the pen results in ghost touch input. This causes a lot of problems in multiple applications. Sometimes the additional input is ignored, but it sees the pressure sensitive pen as normal input. In other cases both streams are handled
    as one stream wich results in timing and overhead issues or the touch input is handled as panning events. Also the numerous touch-up and touch-down events interfere with functioning of the pen.

Also when using pure touch input and no active pen input seems slower with lag and less input events.

This behavior has also been retroactively introduced to 1703 with updates, suspect here is KB4089848. The HID driver version is 10.0.17134.1. I know there is a workaround in Windows to completely ignore touch input when an
    active pen is used. But this limits the usage. Are there changes in the HID Mode a manufacturer would have to adapt to?

Kind regards

Gerwin

gklappe, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Darth55 Win User

How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

**This is only if you have a pen that is connected to the pc VIA Bluetooth or something similar. If it is a simple touch device, nothing will help you.**

Open up device manager.

Look under either "Human Interface Devices" or "Display adapters". I am pretty sure it is under "Human Interface Devices" (i would be able to look and tell you for sure, but i did this to my laptop about 10/01/19
    and then it got a Windows update and has a fatal boot failure.. NOT from this, just from MS crappy updates).

Under Human Interface Devices there should be something referring to the
    touchscreen, make sure and any of the other drop down menus you can find something listed about your pen (while it is connected). Its not that big of a deal as long as you don't do the next step to the wrong thing.

Right click on the touch screen device and click "disable"
    ONLY DISABLE! DON'T PRESS UNINSTALL! This just turns off the driver for the touch sensors so they can't communicate. Then try touching your screen with your finger, if nothing, then it worked!

Then try using your pen and if your pen works then Poof! done!

If not, then go back and re-enable that driver and try something else.

Darth55, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Touchscreen finger input not working for a few seconds after using pen - Similar Threads - Touchscreen finger input

2. Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.: So recently my friend purchased a Laptop that has touchscreen and a pen but while using it for about a hour the touchscreen and the pen stopped working. My friend tried every single solution that he found on the internet and now he tried to uninstall the HID - compliant...
  3. Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.: So recently my friend purchased a Laptop that has touchscreen and a pen but while using it for about a hour the touchscreen and the pen stopped working. My friend tried every single solution that he found on the internet and now he tried to uninstall the HID - compliant...
  4. Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.: I have an HP convertible Envy x360. 15-aq120xx 2019on Windows 10 upgrade, and I cant get any good advice from HP Tech on which active stylus pens are compatible or what my hardware/software problem is. Every time I call I get a different advice - have tried 4 pens - none work...
  5. Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active pens & Stylus don't register on laptop touchscreen but finger does.: I have an HP convertible Envy x360. 15-aq120xx 2019on Windows 10 upgrade, and I cant get any good advice from HP Tech on which active stylus pens are compatible or what my hardware/software problem is. Every time I call I get a different advice - have tried 4 pens - none work...
  6. cant's scroll with fingers after using pen for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant's scroll with fingers after using pen for a few seconds: Hello! I just bought an Asus Zenbook Flip UX563FD and I'm having a few issues with the touchscreen. It comes with a pen I regularly use for taking notes. It is also compatible with other pens like the Surface pen. Whenever I just used the pen and want to scroll up or down, it...
  7. Bluetooth stops working after a few seconds

Bluetooth stops working after a few seconds: Hi all, Bluetooth is suddenly having this problem where it stops working after a few seconds. I can turn it off and on again, or restart the computer for it to work again for some only some seconds. Uninstalling and re-installing the bluetooth device/radio/drivers did not...
  8. Touchscreen and Pen not working after windows 10 update

Touchscreen and Pen not working after windows 10 update: Touchscreen and Pen not working after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-and-pen-not-working-after-windows-10/ec672970-b8c3-4739-b689-2afa4dc3bed6
  9. How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.: I just bought dell inspiron 2 in 1 laptop. Whenever I write or sketch using a pen, my hand touch on screen doesn't let me sketch properly and it is hard to write/sketch without putting wrist on screen. so I want to disable all kind of body touch while writing. How can I...
  10. Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers

Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers: I have an old tablet PC with a touchscreen and pen that I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1), and initially the touch screen capabilities worked fine but the pen was useless. After Windows Update automatically installed the drivers for pen/Intel HD graphics/etc, the pen worked...