Windows 10: Touchscreen keyboard - ready to engage in technodefenestration...

Discus and support Touchscreen keyboard - ready to engage in technodefenestration... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron computer, running Windows 10. Quite the learning curve, but I've liked it well enough to install it on my desktop, so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alphabch, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Alphabch Win User

Touchscreen keyboard - ready to engage in technodefenestration...

I have a Dell Inspiron computer, running Windows 10. Quite the learning curve, but I've liked it well enough to install it on my desktop, so that everyone plays nice together.

I have one little problem this morning, that began right after my machine did an update. That stinking touchscreen keyboard keeps popping up, and I hate it. It is annoying, distracting, and my ADD brain sees it as an excuse to yell, "SQUIRREL!", and go off on another train of thought.

How can I make this stop? I've seldom seen the thing in the two years I've had this machine.

:)

Alphabch, Sep 25, 2018
  2. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Sep 25, 2018
  3. ghost1982 Win User
    touchscreen keyboard not autohiding after creators update

The problem I have doing that is the installation media installs the wrong drivers for my device I lose the touchscreen, the ability to turn it on or off, the ability to charge my battery, the keyboard doesn't work (it's a 2 in 1), the list just goes on
    and on. Trying fix screen rotation issues at the suggestion of one of your guys I reset my device, using another computer to download drivers it took me three days to get full functionality back. I also tried updating directly from you guys it didn't help
    same problems. I am not going to go through that again just for the keyboard not auto-hiding. Any other suggestions? Merry Christmas

ghost1982, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Touchscreen keyboard - ready to engage in technodefenestration...

why did my HP pavillions touchscreen stop working

Hi Linda,

There are several troubleshooting steps that we can undergo to identify what's causing the issue on your touchscreen. If you're using a Surface, you'll find the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. However, if you're using a different device, we suggest that you provide us the answers
    to these questions:

• Were there any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the brand and model of your device?
    • What do you mean by "touchscreen stop working"?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Touchscreen keyboard - ready to engage in technodefenestration...

1. Touchscreen keyboard - ready to engage in technodefenestration... - Similar Threads - Touchscreen keyboard ready

2. trusted community engagement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trusted community engagement: about 2:pm PST today,.. my trusted community engagement has been blocked , as in any article i try to read does NOT give me the little blue icon for responses,..... I was still able to see my past comments and etc and while I've made strong opinions, I have NOT harassed...
  3. Lock/pin Touchscreen Keyboard

Lock/pin Touchscreen Keyboard: I have a touchscreen tablet with Windows 10. It has been off-grid for at least a year, maybe more, I can't remember. After doing an update, the onscreen touch keyboard is incredibly frustrating.I have a Bluetooth keyboard device attached specifically a barcode scanner and...
  4. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  5. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  6. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. W11: Touchscreen Keyboard Not Working

W11: Touchscreen Keyboard Not Working: Hi, I'm using the most updated version of Windows 11 and I'm unable to access the on-screen keyboard from Touch because the touch keyboard icon in the system tray doesn't work. I've temporarily pinned the OSK app to my taskbar as a fix, but it's nowhere near as user-friendly...
  8. Windows Clicklock not engaging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Clicklock not engaging.: I am disabled and use a trackball and Windows 10. In most software when I need to hold the Left Mouse button in and drag the mouse, Clicklock will engage if I hold down the Left mouse button for the time length I set it. There are however a few older games (eg Emperor...
  9. Trouble with touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble with touchscreen keyboard: Hi there, when I'm using the touchpad in Acer spin 3 windows 10 s the touchscreen keyboard on many occasions comes up with a rectangle frame without a keyboard. I can't get the keyboard to pop up even if I close the laptop and continue on the page I'm on. I rang store where I...
  10. DVORAK keyboard and touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVORAK keyboard and touchscreen: I have an HP computer with a touch screen, and use Windows 10. Whenever I use the touch screen and go back to typing, the keyboard layout is set to QWERTY, but it still says ENG DV in the status bar. In order to switch it back, I have to switch windows and switch back to the...