Windows 10: Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action?

Discus and support Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to do a "mouse-over" action without a pointer input device? Such a case for example is where a menu dropbox opens up on mouse-over.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rasmasyean, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action?

Is there a way to do a "mouse-over" action without a pointer input device?

Such a case for example is where a menu dropbox opens up on mouse-over. Then you move the mouse over the menu item selection and then click. It doesn't seem to work with your fingers.

:)

rasmasyean, Jun 2, 2016
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Windows 10 Stylus no longer works like a mouse on my tablet. How can I get back mouse functionality?

Here are the pen and mouse equivalents.

Mouse Activity
    Pen Equivalent Description

Point
    Hover Hover the stylus above the touchscreen. (Don’t touch!)

Click Tap Tap the stylus on the screen.

Double-click Double-tap
    Tap the stylus twice on the same spot

Right-click Long-tap
    Tap and hold the stylus on the same spot

Drag
    Drag Touch the stylus to the screen and move the stylus a little

Right-drag Right-drag
    Press and hold the stylus button while keeping the stylus on the screen.

Feel free to post back if you have any other concern.

Sher Amo, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Eidrog Win User
    Getting 'press and hold' to work on a touchscreen in Windows 10

Thanks for the reply. Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action? :)

To be honest, I'm a little surprised it doesn't revert to 'mouse equivalent' when 'mouse right-click' is disabled. I mean, when I disable 'sticky keys' on my keyboard my desire isn't to disable the 'shift key.' This feels like a very odd design choice. Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action? :(

Or at the very least it would be nice if we could remap 'press and hold' to 'mouse equivalent' in the Pen and Touch settings screen. The fact that we can't remap to an alternative function is pretty inconsistent with how the rest of Windows 10 works, and
    indeed with how most drivers work.

Suffice to say I guess I'm pretty frustrated. I'll try giving Microsoft feedback, but in the meantime I'm left with a touchscreen that doesn't serve my customers. . . If I want to fix this, is my only real option switching to another platform? Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action? :(

Eidrog, Jun 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action?

Have you tried holding your finger on the menu item for a second or two to see if it opens the drop box?

philc43, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Well, the problem is that you can't select the menu item, even if you can open it. Like dragging your finger to something below doesn't really work. It's not a drag operation that it expects. It's a "mouse-over without button-down" that it expects. Seems to happen to all websites designed with this type of dropbox.

Go here and check out the menus. When you hold your finger on the "SERIES", you get the drop-down. Then you can't let go cuz it will disappear.
    SHOWTIME ANYTIME

rasmasyean, Jun 3, 2016
  6. Not that I'm aware of ...
    That would be finger-over - joking of course

The HTML is coded with js specific to mouse (or other Human Input Devices HID) operations.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action?

1. Touchscreen: Mouse-Over equivalent action? - Similar Threads - Touchscreen Mouse equivalent

2. How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?: How do I make the mouse click action slightly slower when I use the touchscreen on my surface devices?Specific example-I'm looking at a Web page and touch and drag on the screen to scroll the page but the system activates a mouse click where my finger lands before it starts...
  3. How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the touchscreen wait before the mouse click action happens?: How do I make the mouse click action slightly slower when I use the touchscreen on my surface devices?Specific example-I'm looking at a Web page and touch and drag on the screen to scroll the page but the system activates a mouse click where my finger lands before it starts...
  4. "Mouse Over"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Mouse Over": It used to be called "mouse over." Windows automatically switches to the open window under your mouse pointer. Is there a way to slow down the reaction time from instant. I often have multiple windows open and the one I want buries itself and I end up having to manually...
  5. Touchscreen “ghost bubbles” mouse clicks everywhere

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touchscreen “ghost bubbles” mouse clicks everywhere: Hi, Last night I went to wake my computer, the screen lit, background loaded, everything as isual, hit the space bar to put in my password, and everything froze. I restarted it, to find my screen now black with what looked like grey “raindrop” like bubbles cascading all...
  6. Dual monitors and mouse/keyboard actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitors and mouse/keyboard actions: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and have added a second monitor. This is primarily wiht my video editor the second monitor can show the main video that I am editing. This seems to work. However the action of the mouse moving from one monitor to the other is less obious....
  7. Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen: Surfacebook2 running windows 10. The right 2 or 3 inches of my screen does not respond to mouseovers, touchpad clicks or touchscreen commands. It is clear that the touchscreen input is received (there's a little circle on the screen), but it is not registering the clicks....
  8. Mouse pad, touchscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pad, touchscreen: My mouse pad is making the mouse hard to hold steady. Or it randomly shoots in any direction. Also my touch screen is not working anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pad-touchscreen/f881617b-0bfb-4c60-a93c-034d741f9af4
  9. mouse action

mouse action: how do I stop the mouse from scrolling pages when I only want to scroll on a page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-action/a7b42b15-b690-44e4-8dd4-afedbf236554
  10. Touchscreen acts as mouse

Touchscreen acts as mouse: I bought an LG 17mb15t-b touchscreen monitor. I have a pc running Windows 10 (Version 1607 OS build 14393.479). The touchscreen has a VGA connector and a USB connector. Windows detects the monitor in Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers as 1 normal Display...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. equivlent mouse action