Windows 10: Touchscreen nightmare after Windows 10 1903 install

Discus and support Touchscreen nightmare after Windows 10 1903 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi: I'm having problems with the Touchscreen (TS) on my HP Pavilion all-in-one 27-n190st Desktop/Product # P2N43AV#ABA/OS 1903 (10.0.18362) The TS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dobe12, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Dobe12 Win User

Touchscreen nightmare after Windows 10 1903 install

Hi:

I'm having problems with the Touchscreen (TS) on my HP Pavilion all-in-one 27-n190st Desktop/Product # P2N43AV#ABA/OS 1903 (10.0.18362)

The TS stops working. I go into device manager "HID-compliant touch screen". Under Properties, General it says "Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45). Reconnect this hardware device to computer." The disable/enable is not available when Code 45 is displayed. The only way to fix the issue is to uninstall the HID-compliant touch screen driver. When I restart the computer the driver is back and will work for most of the day. If I stop using the computer for a few hours the touchscreen stops working and the exact same problem returns.

Under "Events" for TS it says on 8/8, when this problem started, "Device Migrated". I reinstalled the driver many times since then.

After re-install of driver, another message says HID NOT migrated "due to partial or ambiguous match".

When the TS is working, under driver "Details", it says no driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.

1. I've "scanned for hardware changes" under HID Devices and HID touchscreen. No results.

2. Under power management "allow the computer to turn off device" is unchecked

3. I tried to run a test on the touchscreen from F2. The problem is There's no "Mouse/Touch-pad" on the list of tests. There's only a "Mouse" test.

4. I went into startup menu in the bios. I hit F9. It asked me to select boot device. UEF I boot sources were:

Windows Boot Manager
    UEF: I IPv4 ... Family Controller
    UEF: I IPv 6 ... Family Controller
    Legacy Boot Sources

I chose "Windows Boot Manager". It rebooted and touchscreen worked but, it again stopped working after not using it for several hours.

When the touchscreen stops working ... the USB Input Device also stops working. It also "Migrated" on 8/8, the same day the HID touch screen migrated. The USB Input device properties says "The device cannot start (CODE 10). "Operation failed".

Most importantly, I noticed that Windows 10 1903 version was installed on 8/8/19, which is the day the Touchscreen Driver and the USB input device migrated and these problems started.

5. I ran the "Detect My Drivers" in HP Customer Support. The result was: "Detection was successful but you don’t need any new drivers at this time."

6. I've selected "update driver" when in HID Touchscreen within Device Manager. Results: "Best Device for your driver is already installed"

7. I ran HP Support Assistant. It says No Updates Available.

8. In HP PC Hardware Diagnostics I ran the Mouse touchpad Drag and Drop test. I ignored the results because ALL it says is "Failure ID: M08770-8159PN-QFFX61-G1UA13 RESULT: Failed" But when I click on the ID it says "The test found a problem with the mouse button. The mouse may need to be replaced." The problem is The mouse works perfectly. It says nothing about the touchscreen ... even if I run the test while the touchscreen isn't working.

9. Touchscreen doesn't work in Bios

10. I've installed all Windows 10 updates.

Again, All of this started on 8/8 when I installed Windows 10 1903.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Dobe12, Sep 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 3, 2019
  3. touchscreen not working after update to 1903

Another suggestion you can explore is, you have the choice to stick with 1903 and make do without the touchscreen
    or rollback to your previous version since the touchscreen was working up until now. You can then wait for Windows 10 v1909 which will be released in September. That update might be less buggy for your device.

Here's how How to rollback & uninstall Windows 10 May 2019 Update v1903 to rollback(provided it has not been more
    than 10 days since you updated to 1903).

ChidumOsobalu, Sep 3, 2019
  4. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Touchscreen nightmare after Windows 10 1903 install - Similar Threads - Touchscreen nightmare 1903

2. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  3. Windows 10 re-install nightmares after blue screen error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 re-install nightmares after blue screen error.: My HP Omni all-in-one PC suffered a blue screen error out of nowhere. It would not let me into safe mode to run any troubleshooting. I contacted Microsoft tech support, who couldn't get into safe mode either. After a 4 hour re-installation of Windows 10 it has been one...
  4. Windows 10 Nightmare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Nightmare: So disappointed with the windows 10 upgrade. Had no issues at all with windows 7. Update stopped my printer working eventually sorted with Microsoft tech teams help. Many of the functions in Windows mail are greyed out cannot delete contacts etc. Tried all advice given...
  5. Windows 10 nightmare.

Windows 10 nightmare.: My laptop is currently running slow, I try to go and update. It says I need 8 gigs of storage, when I have deleted every possible thing I could, and only have 5 gigs. How else am I supposed to get the additional 3? I tried to factory reset, won't let me, tried safe mode,...
  6. Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903

Absolute Nightmare Windows 10 1903: The forced Windows 10 1903 update really did a doozy on my PC. Thank you very much! Several hours today a real Microsoft tech attempted to make the fix but no go it's now been escalated to level 2, and an appointment set for tomorrow. Extremely high CPU usage makes this...
  7. 1903 Update a nightmare

1903 Update a nightmare: I have spoken and given access to 2 of your tech guys, my case no: 1481650783 and neither Kevin nor Von A could fix my problem but Kevin managed to change my whole screen font to one that is hardly readable. I am livid, you guys are absolutely no help at all and you still...
  8. windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare

windows 10 1903 upgrade nightmare: hello, I completed about a week without successful 1903 windows 10 update. The pc keeps running and running. I have tried with direct update from windows configuration. Last I tried with an iso windows downloaded and burned on a dvd disc. Previous trials a black screen with...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!: I'll try to keep it short. I did a clean install of Windows 10 anniversary on a new SSD 240 GB and all the drive detached. I did it 3 time and now it's 10 days I'm working on it to have an working OS. The actual problems are: 1) keep freezing both file explorer and Chrome...
  10. restart is nightmare for installation!

restart is nightmare for installation!: Nine times I have failed in installing Windows 10. When I reach the circle and percent screen and Copying Files is done, the computer restarts. When it loads back, surely the blue Windows sign and the loop appear. Then they disappear. Then a black screen stays there forever....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hid-compliant touch screen driver missing

2. touchscreen works until 1903 drivers installed surface pro 4

3. touchscreen stopped working after 1903 clean install