Windows 10: Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers

Discus and support Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old tablet PC with a touchscreen and pen that I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1), and initially the touch screen capabilities worked fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yogalD, Jul 30, 2015.

1. yogalD Win User

Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers

I have an old tablet PC with a touchscreen and pen that I upgraded to Windows 10 (from 8.1), and initially the touch screen capabilities worked fine but the pen was useless. After Windows Update automatically installed the drivers for pen/Intel HD graphics/etc, the pen worked as intended but now there is no touchscreen functionality at all. What now?

:)

yogalD, Jul 30, 2015

2. Last Windows update disabled my touchscreen.

Last night, my laptop installed some updates which seems to have disabled my touchscreen. Not only it doesn't work, Device Manager no longer lists "HID-compliant touchscreen" and the system properties say "No pen or touch input is available for this display".

Is there a solution to this, or should I kiss my touchscreen good bye?

AdrianMantsch, Jul 30, 2015
  3. TavioGD Win User
    Windows 10 is installing a usb touchscreen driver for my Hp envy touchsmart laptop

Hi, today my Windows 10 decided that my touchscreen is a usb touchscreen controller manufactured by egalax touch and installed a driver from Windows update. My computer is a hp envy 14k-106la touchsmart notebook with a touchscreen but now the touchscreen
    is not working properly, is not detecting a dual touch for example and the Windows properties shows a non pen or touch input available for the display. Previous to this driver installation the touchscreen was working fine.

i tried uninstalling the device and deleting the driver, it Works for a couple of minutes and then is back.

i'ts frustrating. Any help would be apreciated.

TavioGD, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers

1. Touchscreen no longer works after installing pen drivers - Similar Threads - Touchscreen longer works

2. Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.: So recently my friend purchased a Laptop that has touchscreen and a pen but while using it for about a hour the touchscreen and the pen stopped working. My friend tried every single solution that he found on the internet and now he tried to uninstall the HID - compliant...
  3. Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the touchscreen and the pen.: So recently my friend purchased a Laptop that has touchscreen and a pen but while using it for about a hour the touchscreen and the pen stopped working. My friend tried every single solution that he found on the internet and now he tried to uninstall the HID - compliant...
  4. Touchscreen No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchscreen No Longer Works: I have the Lenovo Yoga 7i I think and all of a sudden, the touchscreen stopped working. This happened mid-April of this year. I've taken it to Geek Squad twice now. This most recent time they've told me it's because it's a panel that makes the touch screen work and the recent...
  5. Touchscreen No Longer Works

Touchscreen No Longer Works: I have the Lenovo Yoga 7i I think and all of a sudden, the touchscreen stopped working. This happened mid-April of this year. I've taken it to Geek Squad twice now. This most recent time they've told me it's because it's a panel that makes the touch screen work and the recent...
  6. XP-PEN Driver not working, Windows 11 does not recognize it as a touchscreen, but a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XP-PEN Driver not working, Windows 11 does not recognize it as a touchscreen, but a...: I tried to go over this through chat, however, the person kept telling me it was a driver issue. But I couldn't install the driver because windows was not recognizing the device, but it was displaying as additional monitor. It showed up as a third monitor in my display and...
  7. XP-PEN Driver not working, Windows 11 does not recognize it as a touchscreen, but a...

XP-PEN Driver not working, Windows 11 does not recognize it as a touchscreen, but a...: I tried to go over this through chat, however, the person kept telling me it was a driver issue. But I couldn't install the driver because windows was not recognizing the device, but it was displaying as additional monitor. It showed up as a third monitor in my display and...
  8. Touchscreen and Pen not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen and Pen not working after windows 10 update: Touchscreen and Pen not working after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-and-pen-not-working-after-windows-10/ec672970-b8c3-4739-b689-2afa4dc3bed6
  9. Wacom pen not working after Huion driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wacom pen not working after Huion driver installation: I fought years with a Wacom Bamboo that I use in photoediting and a Cintiq HD 13 I wanted to use for painting, frustrated because which ever I installed broke the drivers and rendered the other useless. Mind these were both Wacom devices and every time I contacted Wacom...
  10. touchscreen no longer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchscreen no longer works: I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?...