Windows 10: Touchscreen response lag when not used for a while

Discus and support Touchscreen response lag when not used for a while in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 10 running on a brand new Dell xps13 i7 6500 machine. It is a touchscreen enabled model, which on normal use is very responsive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by adeel256, Jan 1, 2016.

1. adeel256 Win User

Touchscreen response lag when not used for a while

I have a new Windows 10 running on a brand new Dell xps13 i7 6500 machine. It is a touchscreen enabled model, which on normal use is very responsive. However, I've noticed that if I leave the touchscreen for a bit (say 5 minutes), it seems to go to 'sleep' - the screen itself remains lit and everything appears normal but...

...if I interact with it after it has been sitting unused, it takes about 5-7 seconds to respond to the first touch. But thereafter starts responding like normally.

It's a month old PC with only some Windows updates installed other than what came pre-installed.

Anybody else experience a similar issue? Any suggestions on where to look further to resolve this?

:)

adeel256, Jan 1, 2016

2. N9 touchscreen less/not responsive while charging

Anyone encounter this problem?

Can we over overcome it?

Avenger_Osiris, Jan 1, 2016
  3. N9 touchscreen less/not responsive while charging

thanks for the reply

so there is no way to prevent this?

Avenger_Osiris, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Touchscreen response lag when not used for a while

1. Touchscreen response lag when not used for a while - Similar Threads - Touchscreen response lag

2. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  3. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard: Hi,I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC v1809 on a touchscreen PC.This PC came with a piece of equipment my company purchased, and when it was installed, the touchscreen keyboard worked fine; it popped up when you entered a text input field, or when you pressed the button...
  4. Non-responsive touchscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchscreen input is lagging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchscreen input is lagging: Hello, I am using a GEO book touchscreen notebook laptop. Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎08/‎02/‎2021 OS build 19042.804 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 The touchscreen input is experiencing serious lag. when i touch the...
  6. Lagging when using browsers?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lagging when using browsers?: I usually use Chrome and I'm getting lags that are starting to get annoying. I don't usually get input lag but it happening more often. Sometimes I can't move my mouse and have to wait 2-5 seconds to see everything catch up. The mouse lag I described can happen in intervals...
  7. windows is lag iwant quick response

windows is lag iwant quick response: my windows is so lag games are also soo lagg what should i doooo my windows version is windows 10 pro iwant quik response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-lag-iwant-quick-response/84656e73-c418-4f8c-8abe-e37d11a9613b
  8. There's a lag when using Explorer.

There's a lag when using Explorer.: When I open Explorer and click on My Documents for example, it freezes for like 5 seconds. Then it seems not to have the issue unless I restart my computer again. I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation. Any ideas what may be causing this?...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...