Windows 10: Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update

Discus and support Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer Lenovo Flex 4-1470 lap top Model: 80SA0000US Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Updated 6/3/2018 The touchsceen stopped working after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DianeSCa, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DianeSCa Win User

Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update

Computer

Lenovo Flex 4-1470 lap top

Model: 80SA0000US

Windows 10 Home

Version 1803

Updated 6/3/2018

The touchsceen stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update (Version 1803). Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> I2C HID Device has the following error:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the HID descriptor failed.

On Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D61

I have updated all device drivers, updated BIOS, uninstalled, reinstalled, disabled, reenabled... still not working, still the same error.

:)

DianeSCa, Jul 27, 2018

2. Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 27, 2018
  3. why did my HP pavillions touchscreen stop working

Hi Linda,

There are several troubleshooting steps that we can undergo to identify what's causing the issue on your touchscreen. If you're using a Surface, you'll find the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. However, if you're using a different device, we suggest that you provide us the answers
    to these questions:

• Were there any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the brand and model of your device?
    • What do you mean by "touchscreen stop working"?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 27, 2018
  4. paulski Win User

Touchscreen monitor

Hi, I'm looking into buying a touchscreen monitor for use with a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop pc rnning Windows 8 in order to fully utilise the touchscreen facilities of Windows 8.
    I'm preliminary looking at the Iiyama T2250MTS or T2452MTS touchscreen monitors. Anyone had experience of these, do they fully work under Windows 8?
    Any other suggestions of monitors in the £200-£350 range?
    Thanks

paulski, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Touchscreen stopped working after latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Touchscreen stopped working

2. HID compliant Touchscreen missing and touchscreen stopped working after a windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID compliant Touchscreen missing and touchscreen stopped working after a windows 11 update: My touch screen HP laptop Pavillion suddenly stopped working in conjuction with a windows 11 update in January 2024. After reading up and doing trouble shooting I discovered that under device manager human interfaces the driver for the touchscreen is missing. I worked with...
  3. HID compliant Touchscreen missing and touchscreen stopped working after a windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HID compliant Touchscreen missing and touchscreen stopped working after a windows 11 update: My touch screen HP laptop Pavillion suddenly stopped working in conjuction with a windows 11 update in January 2024. After reading up and doing trouble shooting I discovered that under device manager human interfaces the driver for the touchscreen is missing. I worked with...
  4. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  5. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  6. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  7. audio stopped working after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio stopped working after latest windows update: So a while back, I had an audio issue on my computer where my earphones were recognised as speakers conexant smartaudio hd and I couldn't hear any sound from my laptop speakers at all, but I could hear it from my earphones. I was able to trace the driver back from my laptop...
  8. After Windows update touchscreen stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows update touchscreen stopped working: This touchscreen had worked well until Windows updated. I did a lot trying to fix it by myself. For example, I checked the pen and touch driver but found that they are missing. I also performed all the fixes that I found on the internet but nothing helped. It is HP Pavilion...
  9. Touchscreen Stopped working with update to windows 10

Touchscreen Stopped working with update to windows 10: When I updated to windows 10, the touchscreen on my Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 stopped working completely. Help! I've looked all over for solutions but still haven't found one that works. Its been months....
  10. Touchscreen stop working after last Windows 10 update

Touchscreen stop working after last Windows 10 update: I have a Samsung All-In-One Computer Model: DP700A7D updated to Window 10 no problems. But after last update my touchscreen has stop working and the icon in taskbar is not showing up. Help! 18843

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchscreen i2c hid device this device cannot start. (code 10)a request for the hid descriptor failed. touchpad

2. laptop touchscreen stopped working after update

3. lenovo windows 10 updated touchscreen stopped working