Windows 10: Touchscreen Stops Working Sometimes

Discus and support Touchscreen Stops Working Sometimes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a new PC with W10 and the touchscreen works most of the time. I leave the PC on24 hours a day and it seems that sometimes in the morning when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neil13764, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Neil13764 Win User

Touchscreen Stops Working Sometimes

I have a new PC with W10 and the touchscreen works most of the time. I leave the PC on24 hours a day and it seems that sometimes in the morning when the PC has been sleeping and then I start using it first thing in the morning the touch screen does not work, everything else seems to be working fine. The only solution that I find that works is to reboot the PC. Once I do that the touch screen works normally.

Do you have any idea why this happens so that I can prevent it or how to fix the issue without rebooting?

:)

Neil13764, Apr 5, 2019

2. why did my HP pavillions touchscreen stop working

Hi Linda,

There are several troubleshooting steps that we can undergo to identify what's causing the issue on your touchscreen. If you're using a Surface, you'll find the troubleshooting steps in this
    article. However, if you're using a different device, we suggest that you provide us the answers
    to these questions:

• Were there any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What is the brand and model of your device?
    • What do you mean by "touchscreen stop working"?
    • When did you start experiencing the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Touchscreen stopped working -driver missing from laptop

Hi Julie,

There are several ways to resolve touchscreen issues such us updating the driver, installing available updates or downloading the driver from its manufacturer website. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:
    What to try if your touchscreen doesn't work

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Touchscreen Stops Working Sometimes

touchscreen no longer works

I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?

samuelward, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Touchscreen Stops Working Sometimes

1. Touchscreen Stops Working Sometimes - Similar Threads - Touchscreen Stops Working

2. touchscreen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchscreen stopped working: touchscreen stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-stopped-working/e79e9709-a9bd-401e-978b-0a2d52b71174
  3. touchscreen stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchscreen stopped working: touchscreen stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-stopped-working/e79e9709-a9bd-401e-978b-0a2d52b71174
  4. touchscreen on pc stopped working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchscreen on pc stopped working !: Well I have a problem My touchscreen on my hp desktop stopped working about a week ago. To make a long story short,ive tried reset, restart ,and other advice that ive seen online...but one of the main things are that there is no trace of touchscreen in my device...
  5. touchscreen on pc stopped working !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchscreen on pc stopped working !: Well I have a problem My touchscreen on my hp desktop stopped working about a week ago. To make a long story short,ive tried reset, restart ,and other advice that ive seen online...but one of the main things are that there is no trace of touchscreen in my device...
  6. touchscreen of laptop stopped working

touchscreen of laptop stopped working: suddenly , the touch screen of my laptop has stopped working. on checking the device manager i found usb code 43 error, are both the things related https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchscreen-of-laptop-stopped-working/d87fcdcc-e7df-43ba-9427-c1b8e59b1d7f
  7. Touchscreen stopped working.

Touchscreen stopped working.: Good afternoon, After a recent upgrade the touchscreen on my XPS13 9360 stopped working. Around the same time the USB icon at the bottom of the screen started flashing when I turn the machine on. The touchscreen does not show up in the HID list. I have updated the driver...
  8. Touchscreen has stopped working

Touchscreen has stopped working: HID ELAN EzTouchFilter - Device not started (hidi2c). This is what appears in the events window in properties when the HID is clicked. How does one correct the problem. Any help will be gratefully appreciated....
  9. Touchscreen Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchscreen Stopped Working: Hi, I have had my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga for just over a year. A few weeks ago, the touchscreen stopped responding. After an hour or so of using only the mousepad, the touchscreen started working again, and then it stopped again the next day. The touchscreen briefly worked...
  10. Lenovo Touchscreen stopped working

Lenovo Touchscreen stopped working: A couple of months ago my touchscreen stopped working. The HID - touchscreen driver has been uninstalled. How can i reinstall it? I hav looked on the web for answers and can't find it. The computer came with touchscreen function but now if you look in Control Panel the pen &...