Windows 10: Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

Discus and support Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past week or so my touchscreen has been reacting to my touches and mouse clicks as if I was holding down alt or ctrl, but I have my unhooked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ADandyLion, May 22, 2020.

1. Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

For the past week or so my touchscreen has been reacting to my touches and mouse clicks as if I was holding down alt or ctrl, but I have my unhooked from the keyboard. It's really difficult to deal with because I have to use the touchscreen for my artwork all the time and restarting my laptop every single time it happens it very inconvenient. My laptop's a surface book 2 if it helps. Any tips??

:)

ADandyLion, May 22, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 22, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 22, 2020
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl? ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

1. Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl? - Similar Threads - Touchscreen thinks I'm

2. Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Holding down Alt, Ctrl, or Windows key makes mouse jiggle around randomly: This was a hard one to just Google the answer to, because apparently there is a setting whereby users whowant to move the mouse with the keyboard, can. This is NOT that issue. the issue I am having is that when I hold down however briefly the Windows or either Ctrl or either...
  3. Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v: I have recently changed to windows from mac os and I am having a nightmare of a time. Selecting non-adjacent text and pasting plain text are IMPARATIVE to my work. The fact that none of the shortcuts are working is adding SO MUCH time to my workflow it's disgusting. For...
  4. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  5. Disabling ctrl alt characters

Disabling ctrl alt characters: Hello Microsoft community, I have never had this problem until today when I did a fresh install of Windows 10. A lot of programs I use for development have ctrl alt shortcuts, for some reason some of the keys do not toggle the shortcuts I have bound to them. Upon further...
  6. My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer thinks I'm holding down my enter key.: Whenever I try to type, my computer thinks I am holding my enter key down. I have unplugged they keyboard and swapped them and the problem still occurs, even after I restarted the computer....
  7. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  8. CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears

CTRL+ALT+DEL disappears: Hello; I have a windows 10 on domain. It shows ALT+CTRL+DEL and then i click ok all i get is a black screen with mouse pointer. I tried to change the projector setting to single display same thing. Any ways to resolve this please....
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...