Windows 10: Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

Discus and support Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past week or so my touchscreen has been reacting to my touches and mouse clicks as if I was holding down alt or ctrl, but I have my unhooked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ADandyLion, May 22, 2020.

1. Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

For the past week or so my touchscreen has been reacting to my touches and mouse clicks as if I was holding down alt or ctrl, but I have my unhooked from the keyboard. It's really difficult to deal with because I have to use the touchscreen for my artwork all the time and restarting my laptop every single time it happens it very inconvenient. My laptop's a surface book 2 if it helps. Any tips??

:)

ADandyLion, May 22, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, May 22, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 22, 2020
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl? ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl?

1. Touchscreen thinks I'm holding alt or ctrl? - Similar Threads - Touchscreen thinks I'm

2. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  3. Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...: I didn't click anything to my knowledge. The computer was left alone for a bit and when I come back, it starts asking access to my hard drive each time I click on an app. Even after I restart my computer it persists! I only know what exactly is happening because of the...
  4. Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer thinks I'm holding down both shift keys + both ctrl keys + both alt keys + the...: I didn't click anything to my knowledge. The computer was left alone for a bit and when I come back, it starts asking access to my hard drive each time I click on an app. Even after I restart my computer it persists! I only know what exactly is happening because of the...
  5. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  6. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.: Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it. It started to happen when I started to use VS Code. When it happens, I press ESC+Ctrl or ESC+Alt to unlock the holding. However, the holding happens randomly about once two minutes, so it is really annoying. Is there a way to fix...
  7. Ctrl or Alt key holds as if I am pressing it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Ctrl Alt Enter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ctrl Alt Enter: This shortcut brings up some kind of Rest Mode which I read as "reset" at first and freaked out. Can't find any info about it online, what is this function and what is it for? submitted by /u/MarkMan47 [link] [comments]...
  9. CTRL + ALT + Arrow

CTRL + ALT + Arrow: Hello Microsoft! I want to rotate the screen. When I press CTRL + ALT + arrows then nothing happens. How to fix this problem? Note: This PC is 1 year old. Windows version: 2004....
  10. ctrl+alt+delete

ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f