Windows 10: Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...

Discus and support Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. So I hope anyone here can help me... My laptop dell inspiron 7391 has now BSOD loop... no back up or recovery point. safe mode and "Win Blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by O2021, Mar 24, 2021.

1. O2021 Win User

Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...

Hello.

So I hope anyone here can help me...

My laptop dell inspiron 7391 has now BSOD loop...

no back up or recovery point. safe mode and "Win Blue Screen repair tools" are not fixing anything and the come up with somthing about:

D:\recovery\windowsre\Winre.wim\SYStem32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt

It happened while i was trying to disable Intel optane feature , which is built in to my intel ssd... i did this so i cant switch it back to PERFORMANCE mode because of a notification i received from the optane GUI tool notifying me of it...

my computer was charged and contented to power supply during the processes so i believe its a bug!

Nor intel or Dell could troubleshoot or assist, their costumer support don't have a clue if local data is recoverable if it wasn’t backed in a cloud which is my case here.

key facts:

*I have bit locker is enabled and i only have the recovery key...

*once ive connected the corrupt ssd to a different machine i got a prompt to format the drive....

*the Intel GUI tool wont recognize it as an intel ssd,

*Ive tried the "repair-bde -force" command line tool and most of the times it would just tell me that the drive im using to output the data to - is in use but it was formatted and now just connected so ****?!

after trying to run this command for dozens of times i was able twice to get passed it and start the process, after 10 minutes of working with the "met data" and this what came up:

"Error :the input volume has suffered damages to critical information related to the decryption key. please try the -keypackge to specify a key package. the voulme may not be recoverable.

from my understanding - keypackge exits only if my machine is part of a domain environment and manged by AS DS.

whats next? is any data recoverable ? should i recover my dump files ? should i use other methods of recovery ?

:)

O2021, Mar 24, 2021

2. Cannot open repair-bde's result file/partition if its size is big?

Hello Minhu,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. We are happy to assist you on this.

The Repair-bde command-line tool is intended for use when the operating system does not start or when you cannot start the BitLocker Recovery Console. You should use Repair-bde if the following conditions are true:

1. You have encrypted the drive by using BitLocker Drive Encryption.

2. Windows does not start, or you cannot start the BitLocker recovery console.

3. You do not have a copy of the data that is contained on the encrypted drive.

The following limitations exist for Repair-bde:

1. The Repair-bde command-line tool cannot repair a drive that failed during the encryption or decryption process.
    2. The Repair-bde command-line tool assumes that if the drive has any encryption, then the drive has been fully encrypted.

Note: To avoid additional data loss, you should have a spare hard drive available. Use this spare drive to store decrypted output or to back up the contents of the damaged volume.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 24, 2021
  3. about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...

Intel Optane memory module update

Source: INTEL-SA-00114

Brink, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i... - Similar Threads - Tough BSOD loop

2. Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD: Hi everyone, So as the title states I messed up. I was following instructions on the intel website as the Optane process was eating up my CPU. You can guess what happened. When trying to reinstall the Rapid Storage setup the restart is when it all went up in flames as it goes...
  3. Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Optane uninstalled - BSOD: Hi everyone, So as the title states I messed up. I was following instructions on the intel website as the Optane process was eating up my CPU. You can guess what happened. When trying to reinstall the Rapid Storage setup the restart is when it all went up in flames as it goes...
  4. Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tough one! BSOD loop on bitlocked intel optane SSD. REPAIR-BDE tool wont work, can i...: Hello. So I hope anyone here can help me... My laptop dell inspiron 7391 has now BSOD loop... no back up or recovery point. safe mode and "Win Blue Screen repair tools" are not fixing anything and the come up with somthing about:...
  5. Intel Optane

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Intel Optane: I recently bought new parts for my PC, the motherboard supported Intel Optane, I saw that it speeds up your HDD, so I downloaded and installed it. It said that it wasn't compatible with my HDD, so I uninstalled it. It said that I could lose data, but I didn't care because it...
  6. Intel Optane message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Optane message: Could someone tell me what this message means? Intel Optanetm Memory Pinning...
  7. How can I tell if Bitlocker is activated without the manage-bde tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell if Bitlocker is activated without the manage-bde tool: Hello, I'm devellopping an app that can automatically collect general information about a windows system, and I would like to add information about Bitlocker. I would like to know if there is way to tell if Bitlocker is activated without using the manual command 'manage-bde...
  8. Intel Optane Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Optane Memory: I'm waiting for an Intel Optane Memory Module to arrive. In the meantime I'm following up 3 Installation Media Preperation (Recommended Optional Step) in https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...stallation.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...stallation.pdf...
  9. Intel's radical Optane next-gen SSD

in Windows 10 News
    Intel's radical Optane next-gen SSD: A couple of weeks ago Intel and Micron jointly announced their Xpoint - pronounced "cross point" - memory. Offering few details they claimed 3D XPoint technology combines the performance, density, power, non-volatility and cost advantages of all available memory...
  10. Announcing Intel Optane SSD 900P Series

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Intel Optane SSD 900P Series: Intel today announced the launch of the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series, the first SSD for desktop PC and workstation users built on Intel® Optane™ technology. Intel, in collaboration with Roberts Space Industries*, announced the new SSD at CitizenCon, a Star Citizen community...