Windows 10: Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid

Discus and support Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day, I'm applying to teach English on Cambly. When I go to record the video to introduce myself, I'm looking at my toes! It's using the "out"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ByronM, May 19, 2019.

1. ByronM Win User

Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid

Good day,

I'm applying to teach English on Cambly. When I go to record the video to introduce myself, I'm looking at my toes! It's using the "out" facing camera. For the camera app, it's using the camera that faces me so that isn't the issue.

As I'm applying to a job, I don't want to be scrambling to the back of my computer to press "record" and "stop" or have the video start with a shot of the wall.

I don't want a work around if don't have to. Would like to solve it correctly so can see myself during the video.

Thank you.

Byron

:)

ByronM, May 19, 2019
  2. C.R.Akita Win User

Surface Pro 3 and Windows 10 camera app...how to switch front and rear cameras

So far, liking Windows 10 just fine on my Surface Pro 3. One issue: the Windows 10 camera app works with the rear camera as a default and I do not see a way to have it switch to the front camera.

Assume that can be done...please illuminate.

Thanks!

C.R.Akita, May 19, 2019
  3. Trouble taking photos using the rear camera on your Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book?

Hi all, Mike from the Camera team here!

We've received some reports that people using their new Surface Pro 4 or Surface Book can sometimes have trouble taking photos with the built-in Camera app when using the rear-facing cameras on their devices. If you think this could be affecting you, updating
    the Camera app should resolve your issue.

To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open the Store app
    • Click on your profile icon on the top right, next to the search bar
    • On the menu that appears, click "Downloads and updates"
    • Click the "Check for updates" button and install all available app updates
    After this, your Camera app should be updated to version 2015.1078.40.0 (or later), and you should be good to go.

We apologize if this caused you any inconveniences, and would like to re-iterate our commitment to a great camera experience across our entire family of Windows devices. Thanks for your patience!

Mike M - Windows Camera Team [MSFT], May 19, 2019
  4. Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid

SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid

1. Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid - Similar Threads - Tough Surface using

2. How do I toggle between front and rear camera views using a Microsoft Surface 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I toggle between front and rear camera views using a Microsoft Surface 3?: I can switch on the camera for front view selfie view but cannot point the camera towards an object and take photos of the object. I think I would need to toggle to rear facing view, right?...
  3. How do I toggle between front and rear camera views using a Microsoft Surface 3?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I toggle between front and rear camera views using a Microsoft Surface 3?: I can switch on the camera for front view selfie view but cannot point the camera towards an object and take photos of the object. I think I would need to toggle to rear facing view, right?...
  4. How do I toggle between front and rear camera views using a Microsoft Surface 3?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. surface pro 3 camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3 camera: During video taking, the screen is black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-camera/d3ecabfe-0c3b-45dc-92b4-d17a0fe55c7f
  6. Surface Laptop 3 Windows Hello Can't Find Camera???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Laptop 3 Windows Hello Can't Find Camera???: Just picked up a Surface Laptop 3 on Tuesday of this week. Set up Windows Hello and away we went. Installed updates on Wed. and so long hello. Each time I attempt to set it up again I receive a "Windows Hello can't find your camera" message. Current build is 1903. Suggestions...
  7. Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro

Rear Camera Not Working - New Surface Pro: Hi there I can only access Front Facing Camera (ie can only use for FaceTime / Skype... rather than taking photos) I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing has worked so far. I am not very tech savvy, so any help with baby words would be amazing! Thanks...
  8. Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid

in Windows 10 Support
    Tough one. Surface 3 is using rear camera for job app "hello" vid: Good day, I'm applying to teach English on Cambly. When I go to record the video to introduce myself, I'm looking at my toes! It's using the "out" facing camera. For the camera app, it's using the camera that faces me so that isn't the issue. As I'm applying to a job, I...
  9. rear view camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rear view camera: Hi anyone out there have problems using the rear view camera on my laptop..This has suddenly happened all I get is a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rear-view-camera/d0e2208a-69d2-4686-894d-777350e5fd40
  10. Loss of Rear Camera in Win10 Camera App

Loss of Rear Camera in Win10 Camera App: Morning All, NEXTBOOK NXW10QC32G, ATTOM 1.33 QUAD, 2GIG Been fighting this issue for a while now. In win8.1 the Win camera app can switch between front and rear looking cameras. In upgrade to win10 anniv just the front facing camera is available with no option to change. Is...