Windows 10: Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port

Discus and support Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All I have a Media Card Reader on my Asus G11CD-K, and lately my USB 3.0 ports in front are kinda hard to plug into for some of my drives,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port

Hello All

I have a Media Card Reader on my Asus G11CD-K, and lately my USB 3.0 ports in front are kinda hard to plug into for some of my drives, should i clean those out next time i do dust cleaning? ((Only have an Electric air duster, Xpower device is that safe to use for that or should i get also a can of compressed air to use next time i do dust clean out))

Otherwise system seems to be working great

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 6, 2020
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Jonatino Win User
    Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port

Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port

1. Tough To Plug in USB Drivers into Front Port - Similar Threads - Tough Plug USB

2. Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.: I recently got myself a new studio headset Dt770 Pro. The problem I have been having is that when I plug my headset into the front port for headphones, they are kind of quiet. And when I plug my headset into the back green port, they are much louder; this could be unrelated,...
  3. Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Headset when plugged in the front port.: I recently got myself a new studio headset Dt770 Pro. The problem I have been having is that when I plug my headset into the front port for headphones, they are kind of quiet. And when I plug my headset into the back green port, they are much louder; this could be unrelated,...
  4. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  5. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Front USB Ports Not Working: Hello,The other day I was playing a game and was lagging a little more than usual, out of frustration I usually hit my lap but I slammed the top of my Desktop and instantly my keyboard, mouse and headphones stopped working, I can't remember if they stopped working entirely or...
  6. Front USB Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Front USB 2.0 port disconnects!!: I have a USB 3.0 and a 2.0 ports on the front of my case... When I connect my USB 3.0 enclosure with a Seagate HDD in it to the USB 3.0 port everything works well... But, when I connect it to my USB 2.0 port, it crashes after sometime and I cant eject it...I also get a...
  8. Two front USB ports are not working

Two front USB ports are not working: My front 2 USB ports are not working or recognizing when a device is plugged in, the back ports work fine. The USB devices that I've tried have a light that lights up when they're connected - that won't even light up when it's plugged into the front ports. My computer is an...
  9. Front Usb Ports

Front Usb Ports: Hello, after my new computer setup, my front usb ports not working. One Usb 3.0 port only charging phone, but nothing else, can't move data, on other usb 3.0 port, like ant the first one even keyboard not working, but when I plug Usb, it says that device not recognized, on...
  10. Front USB ports don't work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Front USB ports don't work.: Hi, I have a problem with my frontal USB ports and mic and audio port. I have two USB ports there and only one works, also my audio and mic ports in the front dont work and when they are enabled in my PC settings, the once in back won't work either. Any suggestions what...