Windows 10: Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10

Discus and support Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom should be removed by Microsoft in 2017 due to their notoriety i.e. issuing fake/backdating... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Niagora Lines, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10

The root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom should be removed by Microsoft in 2017 due to their notoriety i.e. issuing fake/backdating certificates etc..

I am using Windows 10 Education Version 2004; OS build 19041.804, and at `certmgr.msc` I just saw that their certificates i.e. "CA " "Certification Authority of WoSign", "StartCom Certification Authority" are still active. Is that a mistake? Do I need to disable them manually?

:)

Niagora Lines, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10

Source: Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10 Windows Security

Brink, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Root Certificate Program updates on mobile?

what version of Windows Mobile or Windows Phone supports automatic update of root certification authorities according to the Root Certificate Program members?

If 6.5 does not support it, is anywhere a list of preinstalled root CAs?

if 7.0 does not support it, is anywhere a list of preinstalled root CAs?

thanks. ondrej.

Ondrej Sevecek, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Schmenk Win User

Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10

AddTrust External CA Root certificate

Hi!

I am having the following problem: my employer is using an new security certificate for WiFi (AddTrust External CA Root certificate). I was wondering whether somebody can tell me how to install this new certificate on my N97 mini. I have
    the AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt file, but how to install on my device?

Any suggestions are welcome, many thanx in advance!

best, John

Schmenk, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10

1. Toxic Root-CA certificates of WoSign and StartCom are still active in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Toxic Root certificates

2. Standalone, workgroup Root CA Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standalone, workgroup Root CA Replacement: I have a Server 2008 Root CA that is in Workgroup mode. It's usually powered off but does have a NIC that is connected when it powers on every few months for Windows updates. If I use the steps that are available for migrating a CA to a new 2019 server, do I need to still...
  3. Error enrolling certificates from our Enterprise Root CA - Some Servers and Some...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error enrolling certificates from our Enterprise Root CA - Some Servers and Some...: Error enrolling certificates from our Enterprise Root CA - Some Servers and Some Certificates onlyThe generic error is:Certificate enrollment for Local system failed to enroll for a DomainControllerAuthentication certificate with request ID N/A from BRRJ1-SRV0024.qgog.ad\CA...
  4. Error enrolling certificates from our Enterprise Root CA - Some Servers and Some...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error enrolling certificates from our Enterprise Root CA - Some Servers and Some...: Error enrolling certificates from our Enterprise Root CA - Some Servers and Some Certificates onlyThe generic error is:Certificate enrollment for Local system failed to enroll for a DomainControllerAuthentication certificate with request ID N/A from BRRJ1-SRV0024.qgog.ad\CA...
  5. Enterprise root CA recommendation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enterprise root CA recommendation: Hi guys,I am fairly new to PKI so have some basic question about enterprise two tier PKI .Let's say we have root server, which is not the member of domain and normally stay powered down until we need to renew intermediate CA certificate.Does Microsoft recommend root server as...
  6. Enterprise root CA recommendation

Enterprise root CA recommendation: Hi guys,I am fairly new to PKI so have some basic question about enterprise two tier PKI .Let's say we have root server, which is not the member of domain and normally stay powered down until we need to renew intermediate CA certificate.Does Microsoft recommend root server as...
  7. Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root: Re this notice.Does this mean that everyone's PC must install the G2 protocol? Or is it for Windows servers only?How does this work for people OUTSIDE the US accessing US services / servers and for Servers situated outside the US but sometimes serving US customers?...
  8. Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root

Removal of the U.S. Federal Common Policy CA certificate from the Microsoft trusted root: Re this notice.Does this mean that everyone's PC must install the G2 protocol? Or is it for Windows servers only?How does this work for people OUTSIDE the US accessing US services / servers and for Servers situated outside the US but sometimes serving US customers?...
  9. Root CA certificate automatically added to local machine without internet connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Root CA certificate automatically added to local machine without internet connection: On a fresh installed Windows 10 in virtual environment, that is disconnected from the internet by disabling the virtual network adapter, new root CA certificate is automatically added to the local machine trusted root certificate authorities after viewing the digital...
  10. Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to remove WoSign and StartCom certificates in Windows 10: Microsoft has concluded that the Chinese Certificate Authorities (CAs) WoSign and StartCom have failed to maintain the standards required by our Trusted Root Program. Observed unacceptable security practices include back-dating SHA-1 certificates, mis-issuances of...