Windows 10: Toy Story 2 old game error "Unable to enumerate a suitable device." on Windows 10

Discus and support Toy Story 2 old game error "Unable to enumerate a suitable device." on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! I have an issue with the Toy Story 2 game on PC, I tried to run it on Windows 10 but get the error message "Unable to enumerate a suitable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EnediaFR, Sep 11, 2020.

1. EnediaFR Win User

Toy Story 2 old game error "Unable to enumerate a suitable device." on Windows 10

Hi!

I have an issue with the Toy Story 2 game on PC, I tried to run it on Windows 10 but get the error message "Unable to enumerate a suitable device", I googled it, tried every solution like limit the max memory to 2GB, changed the compatibility mode tried all, tried to run it on Windows XP, Windows 98, Windows 95 virtual machines, still can run the game... I checked every youtube tutorial to fix the problem but impossible... It's an official version on CD !

Someone has an other solution ? :

:)

EnediaFR, Sep 11, 2020
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

1607: Unable to install installshield scripting runtime error - Win10

Anyone had this error installing any old games? 1607: Unable to install installshield scripting runtime error

The game is COD 2 and am running Windows 10 x64.... am sure I have installed this on a previous Windows 10 build, tried a quick google though it's throwing up a load of old threads related to Windows XP

NdMk2o1o, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Unable to install a game on Windows 10.

Hello Garrett,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to install the game on your computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Are you the administrator of the user profile?
    • What is the error message/error code you get on trying to install the game on computer?
    • Did you check if the game is compatible with the current operating system?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incompatibility of the game software with the current operating system on your computer.

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, i suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

c. Check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Toy Story 2 old game error "Unable to enumerate a suitable device." on Windows 10

Unable to play old games in Windows 10

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with old games on Windows 10?

• On which operating system that the games ran successfully?

• Which game are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the game with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/ Windows 7
    with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the results we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Toy Story 2 old game error "Unable to enumerate a suitable device." on Windows 10

1. Toy Story 2 old game error "Unable to enumerate a suitable device." on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Toy Story old

2. Sync Toy error question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...
  3. Sync Toy error question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Toy error question: This is a SyncToy questionI am using the same folder in the left and right folder. I get the following error " Invalid folder pair - One endpoint is contained within the other. Please select a different folder to continue." I am trying to create a backup of my folders. What...
  4. Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...: Everytime I launch my computer and run either Sea of Thieves or Microsoft Flight Simulator installed on my D and F drive, respectively, I get the storage device missing or disconnected error. I have tried resetting and reinstalling however it usually only gives me the option...
  5. Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage device missing or disconnected for 2 games and unable to reinstall games on D or F...: Everytime I launch my computer and run either Sea of Thieves or Microsoft Flight Simulator installed on my D and F drive, respectively, I get the storage device missing or disconnected error. I have tried resetting and reinstalling however it usually only gives me the option...
  6. Fix Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post lists the possible solutions to fix the Unknown USB Device, the Device Failed Enumeration error on Windows 11/10. When you connect your USB device to the Windows computer, it first installs the required driver and then displays the USB device in Windows...
  7. Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download a game. "...no suitable device is associated with your Microsoft account": Hi, I bought a game yesterday and the download won't start. I thought at first that I somehow bought an Xbox game, which means it would not be compatible with my laptop, but reading other problems, it seems like a game would not appear on my store if it were not compatible,...
  8. 3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.0 USB OTG Device Enumeration fails in windows 10: Hello folks, I have been working on a "up squared" board running ubuntu 16.04 LTS with kernel version 4.15 The board has an OTG 3.0 USB, which I want to use in device mode using the g_mass_storage driver. The problem I face is the up squared board is successfully detected...
  9. Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator: Hi Tom-T I'm facing problem in Plug and Play Devices I recently updated my Windows 10 and now when I plug in my headphones , they do not work. When I go to Device Manager and then open Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator , it shows that there's no Device or Driver to...
  10. MSI CR620 not suitable for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI CR620 not suitable for Windows 10: According the MSI website the CR620 laptop is not suitable for Windows 10. Will it ever be? Microsoft keeps pushing to install, but all the attempts failed. It's a OEM Windows 7 Home. There is enough diskspace and all the apps are compatible. 25009

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to enumerate suitable device

2. unable to enumerate a suitable device