Windows 10: tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

Discus and support tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi to everyone here this is my first post and apologies that it is a plea for help, but a big hi from galway ireland :-}now to my questiom, i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imback, Jul 11, 2021.

1. imback Win User

tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

hi to everyone here this is my first post and apologies that it is a plea for help, but a big hi from galway ireland :-}now to my questiom, i have recently bought a new pc running win 10 version 21H1 (os build 19043.1083) it came with a free tp-link usb dongle for bluetooth now windows recognizes it and evrything seems fine except that when i click the symble in the tool bar the allow a device to connect is greyed out. im no expert on computers and i have spent hours on google and got no where i hope someone here can help me. many thanks in advance. paul

:)

imback, Jul 11, 2021
  2. jhearcht Win User

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Jul 11, 2021
  3. jhearcht Win User
    Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out

Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC

I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as "paired". In the Bluetooth popup, "allow a device to connect" is greyed out. After a Google search, I know this is a common problem, but proposed solutions don't work in my case. I tried rebooting both PC and phone, but no help. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver from Intel, but no change.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

jhearcht, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out - Similar Threads - link bluetooth allow

2. blootooth - allow a device to connect" greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blootooth - allow a device to connect" greyed out: Hello, I am seeking advice for the problem with bloetooth. My laptop, OS Windows 11, has the option "allow a device to connect” greyed out. I have tried out some suggestions I found out on the internet, and nothing solved the issue. Thanks, Nikola...
  3. blootooth - allow a device to connect" greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    blootooth - allow a device to connect" greyed out: Hello, I am seeking advice for the problem with bloetooth. My laptop, OS Windows 11, has the option "allow a device to connect” greyed out. I have tried out some suggestions I found out on the internet, and nothing solved the issue. Thanks, Nikola...
  4. tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out: hi to everyone here this is my first post and apologies that it is a plea for help, but a big hi from galway ireland :-}now to my questiom, i have recently bought a new pc running win 10 version 21H1 (os build 19043.1083) it came with a free tp-link usb dongle for bluetooth...
  5. Allow a Device to Connect is greyed out in bluetooth drop down menu!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allow a Device to Connect is greyed out in bluetooth drop down menu!!!: Hello, I was wondering when I want to connect a device to blutooth on my commputer I don't necessarily like to go to settings and click pair. So when I noticed this was greyed out in the bluetooth menu you can see it if you go to hidden icons and click on the blutooth icon I...
  6. Allow a device to connect greyed out

Allow a device to connect greyed out: Cannot connect bluetooth device as when I hit connect I get the message that didn't work try again. Also in bluetooth menu allow device to connect greyed out....
  7. My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out

My bluetooth speaker is in the devices but the connect/remove buttons are greyed out: Ok, a few weeks ago my computer did an update. When it was finished my printer, scanner and bluetooth stopped working. I searched everywhere trying to find a solution and it was a no go. A week later there was another update and the issue was fixed. The very next update...
  8. Allow device to connect is greyed out windows 10

Allow device to connect is greyed out windows 10: Hey, My system is unable to find any bluetooth devices (mouse, Audio, earphones etc.). Just so you know, after turning on the bluetooth. I went to "more bluetooth options" and ticked on "allow bluetooth device to find my PC". Still it is not finding & connecting any...
  9. Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out: Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as...
  10. Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out

Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out: Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as...