Windows 10: TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.

Discus and support TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago my wireless bridge stopped working on windows 10. I'm not sure if an update caused this, but I'm also unable to system restore back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeamsAtherty, Aug 24, 2015.

1. TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.

A few days ago my wireless bridge stopped working on windows 10. I'm not sure if an update caused this, but I'm also unable to system restore back to any of the previous updates, so I'm currently looking for a fix for this problem.

I've tried uninstallign and reinstallign the Ethernet drivers for the machine, and factory resetting the bridge itself. However none of these things have had any real effect.

Any help would be of great use!

:)

jeamsAtherty, Aug 24, 2015
  2. Salinelle Win User

TWCU : Failed to load library file

Please, try to go to:

Programs

TP-Link

TP-Link Wireless Configurations Utility

go to TWCU and deleted.

It worked for me.

Mario

Salinelle, Aug 24, 2015
  3. TWCU : Failed to load library file

I worked for me too thanks for the info

doloresray, Aug 24, 2015
  4. TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.

If you bypass the bridge and plug the windows 10 machine directly into the router, do you get internet? I'm assuming you have a wireless router and you connected the wireless bridge to the wireless router to network/ get internet access to your windows 10 machine

sciencegeek, Aug 24, 2015
  5. That seems to have worked. Though it's not an ideal solution. Looks like the problem lies with how W10 interacts with the bridge somehow? It was reporting after troubleshooting that the ethernet port did not have a valid IP configuration, but I wasn't sure how to tackle that either.

jeamsAtherty, Aug 24, 2015
  6. There's a small possibility that the bridge just coincidently decided to breakdown at the same time the Windows 10 upgrade happened but it's not likely. Can you test the bridge with a different computer to see if it still works? More than likely, the bridge is still good and a driver update for your Ethernet card would solve everything. Any particular reason you went with a bridge rather than just plugging some usb wireless adapter in your windows 10 machine?

sciencegeek, Aug 24, 2015
  7. The bridge itself was working fine for nearly a month after upgrading, not sure what happened in the last few days to stop it working but it did.

I've actually managed to get it all working again, not sure what the problem was unfortunately. I just did a reset of the install, reinstalled all drivers etc and it seems to be working fine now.

Bridge was chosen as its been useful for more than just bridging the wireless connection to my desktop computer. Its been used for other things that weren't able to properly connect to the router we are using, or other devices that don't have a wireless internet connection.

jeamsAtherty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.

1. TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge. - Similar Threads - Link WA701ND longer

2. tp link tl-wn823n not working on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tp link tl-wn823n not working on windows: Sometimes this problem appears with these USBUSB does not work, but it works in one case, which is removing the USB and installing it again. Latest TP-Link wifi driverLatest Windows Update So what's the reason?...
  3. tp link tl-wn823n not working on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tp link tl-wn823n not working on windows: Sometimes this problem appears with these USBUSB does not work, but it works in one case, which is removing the USB and installing it again. Latest TP-Link wifi driverLatest Windows Update So what's the reason?...
  4. tp-link ub500 not working windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tp-link ub500 not working windows 11: I just bought tp-link ub500 bluetooth dongle... in drivers everything seems to be ok but i cant turn on blue tooth in my network properties or add a new device... when i try settings program goes to not responding...please help...i am using windows 11...i tried the device on...
  5. Windows 10 and Tp Link wireless keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Tp Link wireless keeps disconnecting: Dear Experts I have got desktop with Windows 10 professional recently updated and Tp Link wireless USB adapter. Recently yes recently happened TP wireless keeps disconnecting although desktop distance from the router within acceptable range. Wireless adapter won’t...
  6. Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router

Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router: I have an ADSL TP Link Archer D9 modem that has 2X bandwidth for the N (2.4 MHz) range Wifi network and pretty decent range for the AC (5 MHz) network . Recently my land line was upgraded to VDSL standard so as I went on to research available VDSL modems I got to realize...
  7. TP Link WR741ND

TP Link WR741ND: First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and...
  8. Let TP-LINK Manage my Wireless and NOT windows?

Let TP-LINK Manage my Wireless and NOT windows?: Is there a way to let TP LINK manage my wifi connection and NOT windows? I have the utility installed, but it is hidden and I don't need the wifi icon via windows any more. Can you change this? 15525
  9. TP Link Wireless Adapter "Disabled" in Control Panel

TP Link Wireless Adapter "Disabled" in Control Panel: Hi everyone, thank you for taking a moment to read my thread. I have a problem with my TP Link WN722N "150 Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter". I have used this adapter for about a year with no problems. Today, I turned on my computer, and my taskbar showed the icon for,...
  10. tp-link wireless driver not available yet

tp-link wireless driver not available yet: i have just upgaded to win 10 and have found that my TL-W851nd internal wireless adapter card is not supported YET. according to TP-link support they will release at a later date. 11682