Windows 10: TP-Link WDN4800 is abnormally slow, even after driver updates

Discus and support TP-Link WDN4800 is abnormally slow, even after driver updates in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe wireless adapter only to discover it was delivering speeds well below what my network is capable of. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theStyg, Feb 22, 2016.

1. theStyg Win User

TP-Link WDN4800 is abnormally slow, even after driver updates

I recently purchased the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCIe wireless adapter only to discover it was delivering speeds well below what my network is capable of. I own a Macbook Pro which reports around 90-100Mbps on my 5Ghz downloads, meanwhile this adapter is only allowing for 10-25Mbps on my 2.4Ghz connection, and less than 5Mbps on my 5.0Ghz. Both my Macbook and my desktop are located in the same room.

As far as I know, I have the most recent drivers:
    Provider: Qualcomm Atheros Communications Inc.
    Date: 11/10/2015
    Version: 10.0.0.329

Would this be a result of drivers or some potential incompatibility? If not, what other problems might be present?

Thank you!

:)

theStyg, Feb 22, 2016

2. IRQL UNEXPECTED VALUE WINDOWS 10

This is an old post but I found it definitely was a problem with the TP-Link WDN4800 adapter--I had the exact same problem that was corrected with a new driver even though Windows 10 thought the original driver was the latest--was from 2011. I went to
    TP-Link site for a new driver but the latest one they had was from 2013 which may work. However, you can find a newer driver for the Qualcomm/Atheros AR-9380 chip that is used by TP-Link Adapter--version 10.0.0.328 WGQL released Nov 2015 that worked for me.
    Should be able to find it by searching for it.

DonavonReimche, Feb 22, 2016
  3. Wireless USB adapters compatible with Windows 10

A PCIE Wireless Dual Band Adapter that works with Windows 10 is the TP-Link. Model TL-WDN4800

LawrenceWhittle, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

TP-Link WDN4800 is abnormally slow, even after driver updates

1. TP-Link WDN4800 is abnormally slow, even after driver updates - Similar Threads - Link WDN4800 abnormally

2. Can't install Driver for TP-Link wireless usb Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Driver for TP-Link wireless usb Wi-Fi adapter: Hello everyone im trying to install a driver for the TP-Linkwireless usb Wi-Fi adapterModel:TL-WN821N V6 and im getting a weird error when trying to open Setup.exe i tried every fix i found but i can't fix it i tryed installing it on another pc and it worked fine. The...
  3. Computer is slow after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is slow after updating drivers: I recently updated my drivers and ever since my PC has been extremely slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-slow-after-updating-drivers/45223b1e-486d-4a0a-91af-243a901e4993
  4. Abnormally Slow Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Abnormally Slow Download Speeds: Recently, my PC has been showing incredibly slow download speeds from fast.com and speedtest.net (~3-4 Mbps). It was fine about a week ago but I have no idea what changed. I usually average anywhere between (~40-70 Mbps). My ping is low (~15ms) and my upload is normal (~36...
  5. Computer keypad and tp link usb?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer keypad and tp link usb?: Does anyone know about computers is windos 10 got me Tp Link usb and it doesn't find it and today I got a new keyboard and it's crazy too https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/computer-tastertur-und-tp-link-usb
  6. Abnormally Slow Data Transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Abnormally Slow Data Transfer: Within the past week transferring files has become extremely slow. Moving files around the speed fluctuates between 0 mb/s and 12 mb/s, but usually sticks to the lower end of the range and often drops to 0 mb/s for seconds at a time. I have this issue no matter if I'm copying...
  7. TP Link WR741ND

TP Link WR741ND: First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and...
  8. TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.

TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.: A few days ago my wireless bridge stopped working on windows 10. I'm not sure if an update caused this, but I'm also unable to system restore back to any of the previous updates, so I'm currently looking for a fix for this problem. I've tried uninstallign and reinstallign...
  9. Slow Wifi on TP-Link WDN4800 and/or Netgear AC6210 for Windows 10

Slow Wifi on TP-Link WDN4800 and/or Netgear AC6210 for Windows 10: Hi guys, Was looking to try Windows 10 again and was wondering if anybody had success using Asus products on Windows 10. Previously, I had tried both my NetGear AC6210 usb adapter and my TP Link WDN4800 PCI card. Now when installing the drivers for these products they do...
  10. tp-link wireless driver not available yet

tp-link wireless driver not available yet: i have just upgaded to win 10 and have found that my TL-W851nd internal wireless adapter card is not supported YET. according to TP-link support they will release at a later date. 11682

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tplink wdn4800 windows 10 connection fails

2. tl-wdn4800 slow video