Windows 10: TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used.

Discus and support TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I was one of the few that updated a TPM firmware on a 1.2 with the registry issues and getting the auto generated key that users can not see with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Sep 9, 2020.

1. TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used.

Hello I was one of the few that updated a TPM firmware on a 1.2 with the registry issues and getting the auto generated key that users can not see with reg edit and being able to update my firmware. My issue now is on the manufacture website the TPM chip shows it can now update to 2.0. However they do not have a download, Windows update has not updated this now as 2.0 is better managed and does most of the updates now.

Question 1. How can I use group policy on a domain to force update the TPM firmware on systems that are already using bit locked drives if they all use a Infineon IFX older version of firmware as it was hard to do it locally? Also if I had to edit all of the registry settings to do this, is windows able to manage this with current 2.0 chips?

Question 2. Why after my update did the Get-TPM no longer show the version of the chip?

This shows a good update with 4.43 in use. the version that says it can go to 2.0 and my highlighted laptop version that is a good laptop. Bitlocker is in use and working. How can you update this in a group policy on more then one system on encrypted drives?

TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used. 4b030eaf-498a-426a-b3ed-93cb2b3f97f4?upload=true.png

TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used. 9691bebf-aebb-4468-b746-2eaea50bd2f5?upload=true.png

Model number shown for chip SLB 9660 TPM 1.2

Website shows new update but is not useable why has it not gone to 2.0 yet. How can I update this with a group user policy with multiple systems I can see the security risk if that, so then how come windows can not preform a update that shows it can be done? it is updateable I was able to get to 4.43 and have bitlocker running.

TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used. 050ee874-221a-4069-bd69-42f6c26e495c?upload=true.png

TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used. 1286d295-aa7f-42c1-840f-6afe322cbbb1?upload=true.png

works cited:

“TPM Update .” Infineon Technologies Trusted Platform Modules TPMs, Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability, support.dynabook.com/sscontent?contentId=4015874.

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Ethan.ASI Win User

Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Hello,

This is the update that I am trying to accomplish: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096377/windows-10-update-security-processor-tpm-firmware

However after completing the steps that are listed within this article I am still not able to complete the actual upgrade. I still have the pop up that states i need to upgrade.

I followed the following steps:

1. ensure all upgrades are up to date.

2. download the specific .EXE firmware update file and run it on my machine as an administrator

3. clear TPM and restart.

however simple these steps are I have not been able to complete the update.

I am on a HP Z240 SFF 1.2 TPM

What can I do to ensure that my TPM is updated to the latest firmware?

Ethan.ASI, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Sep 9, 2020
  4. TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used.

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used.

1. TPM 1.2 upgrade to TPM 2.0 is showing on manufacture website but not in windows to be used. - Similar Threads - TPM upgrade TPM

2. TPM 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  3. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  4. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. TPM 2 Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2 Not Recognised: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 Main Board 4mb RamASUS GeForce GT710 2GB Video CardASUS said my board and video card are compatible with Windows 11. I updated the drivers for both. TPM 2 is enabled, but Microsoft doesn't recognise it....
  6. TPM 2 Not Recognised

TPM 2 Not Recognised: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 Main Board 4mb RamASUS GeForce GT710 2GB Video CardASUS said my board and video card are compatible with Windows 11. I updated the drivers for both. TPM 2 is enabled, but Microsoft doesn't recognise it....
  7. TPM 2 on custom build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2 on custom build: I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't...
  8. TPM 2 on custom build

TPM 2 on custom build: I have a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and an Intel I7 cpu. How do I enable TPM 2, And don't post a link to the article...it is clear as mud. And it just BEGS the question of just WHY Microsoft had to add another layer of complexity to the process. Why the hell isn't...
  9. TPM 2 on custom build

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. TPM lockout for 2 hours

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TPM lockout for 2 hours: Why do I get TPM locked out of Windows 10 for two hours with error "This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again." after...