Windows 10: TPM 2.0 must be present and enabled by default for all new Win 10 PC`s

Discus and support TPM 2.0 must be present and enabled by default for all new Win 10 PC`s in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you don't read the exception carefully, you might think it says it doesn't apply to OEM's, but in fact it ONLY applies to OEM's. The exception is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 13, 2016.

1. Geneo Win User

TPM 2.0 must be present and enabled by default for all new Win 10 PC`s

Right, that is what I meant by it was sorta contradictory in the way it was worded. But last years presentation link I posted makes it pretty clear it only applies to PC's that either already support TPM in firmware, or PCs newer than 1 year past Windows 10 RTM.

I am not sure whether it is a logo or software won't work, but I don't know how they would enforce the latter. In any case OEM will be required to support it in hardware if they want windows on it past this July.

Geneo, May 13, 2016
  2. swarfega Win User

So is this page saying that Haswell chipset has TPM 2? And what is TPM anyway.

swarfega, May 13, 2016
  3. Rocky Win User
    I looked at that page and it seems to me that Haswell is listed as having the ability to have a firmware update that would make it TPM 2.0 compliant. That is good because I built this little Haswell based system myself, it has an i5 4690, and I don't want to hassle a bunch of hardware updates.

Rocky, May 13, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

I guess that not every Haswell chip is TPM 2.0 compliant. I am sitting here doing my research and I came across this little whitepaper http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www...rity-paper.pdf which talks extensively about the connection between Intel's Trusted Execution Technology and TPM, I am thinking that everything is good. Then I look at the specs for my specific Haswell chip (the i5 4690) and I see that Trusted Execution Technology is not enabled Intel Core™ i5-4690K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Specifications

So I am still confused.

Rocky, May 13, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Thanks for the confirmation.

swarfega, May 13, 2016
  6. Faith Win User
    Sorry for being slow, TPM is completely new to me. Anyways, I built this PC myself over a year ago, and I went ahead and ran the tpm.msc command in Run and it said something about me not having TPM. Since I built this PC myself I don't need to worry, correct? My PC components are in my System Specs.

Faith, May 13, 2016
  7. Thats right, Cliff! *Biggrin *Thumbs

Cluster Head, May 13, 2016
  8. Geneo Win User

You need TPM support in the motherboard firmware or add-on. It is not a processor chip thing.

Geneo, May 13, 2016
  9. Microsoft Wants Windows 10 Redstone Devices to Be Super Secure
    TPM 2.0 will be required on all devices running this version

Read more: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micro...medium=twitter

Cluster Head, May 15, 2016
  10. Pendaws Win User
    I agree wholeheartedly. This may be a problem for MS in OZ?
    You can't force conditional sale on people here. Our consumer laws
    are VERY much different. Like BIOS passwords, they don't work here
    and we have control over that.

Pendaws, May 15, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    I'm confused by this thead. I have a home built 2012 desktop PC using a Gigabyte GA-77X-UD5H motherboard. It has a TPM header but I don't have the module and doubt if I can buy one now.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro and I'm considering upgrading to Widows 10 before the deadline. Do I need TPM support to be able to install and support Windows 10 on this motherboard?

Also, I'm currently running Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop which doesn't have TPM support. What will happen when this laptop is updated at the end of July?

Steve C, May 28, 2016
  12. No you do not need a TPM. This requirement is only for OEMs (Dell, HP) that want to be certified for Windows. I.e. they get a Windows sticker on the machine. This will not affect anyone outside of Dell or HP.

logicearth, May 28, 2016
  13. Steve C Win User

What about my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop which has no TPM support?

Steve C, May 28, 2016
  14. Did it come with Windows 10? No? This only applies to NEW OEM computers that want to have the Windows 10 certified (a sticker).

logicearth, May 28, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Let me expand on this please: This only applies to FUTURE(yet to be made/built) NEW OEM computers that want to have the Windows 10 certified (a sticker).

TPM recommendations (Windows 10)

Minimum hardware requirements - Windows 10 hardware dev

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
Thema:

1. TPM 2.0 must be present and enabled by default for all new Win 10 PC`s - Similar Threads - TPM must present

2. "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.": hi im having a issue upgrading to windows 11, i have a high end gaming machine and it wont let me upgrade because "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.". I have watched a few youtube tutorials but no luck, TPM 2,0 is enabled in bios but it still says the same...
  3. "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.": hi im having a issue upgrading to windows 11, i have a high end gaming machine and it wont let me upgrade because "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC.". I have watched a few youtube tutorials but no luck, TPM 2,0 is enabled in bios but it still says the same...
  4. "TPM 2.0 must be supported and enabled on this PC."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Enable TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enable TPM: How do I enable the TPM on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e laptop running Windows 10 now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tpm/9ca1050d-5065-449c-971a-e66ee817dba2
  6. Enable TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable TPM: How do I enable the TPM on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e laptop running Windows 10 now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tpm/9ca1050d-5065-449c-971a-e66ee817dba2
  7. Enable TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. ENABLE TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ENABLE TPM: I can NOT find a video on youtube or google on how can i enable tpm on my device ILIFE ZED NOTE CX3 PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tpm/70df0f36-4c87-42d3-94d0-87f23cdf18fa
  9. ENABLE TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ENABLE TPM: I can NOT find a video on youtube or google on how can i enable tpm on my device ILIFE ZED NOTE CX3 PLEASE HELP ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-tpm/70df0f36-4c87-42d3-94d0-87f23cdf18fa
  10. Enabling TPM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling TPM: Is it harmful to enable TPM in windows 10? What difference does it make by enabling it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-tpm/b400cf82-d5a8-448c-80cf-cf21fc661418