Windows 10: TPM 2.0 not Recognized

Discus and support TPM 2.0 not Recognized in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Asrock B550M/ac and have enabled the TPM 2.0 in the bios however windows update states that the system does not meet requirements for Win 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlesGothro, Oct 5, 2021.

1. TPM 2.0 not Recognized

I have a Asrock B550M/ac and have enabled the TPM 2.0 in the bios however windows update states that the system does not meet requirements for Win 11 and that I need to enable TPM 2.0. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

:)

CharlesGothro, Oct 5, 2021

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Oct 5, 2021
  3. pantho Win User
    pantho, Oct 5, 2021
  4. idgat Win User

TPM 2.0 not Recognized

TPM support

I couldn't find "TPM" or "Trusted Platform Module" listed in any BIOS setting on 2 of my laptops. Got the mobo ID from system specs and did a bit of searching ... ah, there it is, not actually called that exactly, but same thing, and was disabled. Enabled ... booted up, ran tpm.msc. Bingo! Alive and well.

Your search engine will be your friend (one of mine even had a YouTube step-by-step how to access the BIOS, what to look for, etc).

idgat, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

TPM 2.0 not Recognized

1. TPM 2.0 not Recognized - Similar Threads - TPM Recognized

2. Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?: I have an Asrock B450M Pro4 r2.0 motherboard and I have TPM enabled in the BIOS and Windows 10 and the Microsoft tool to determine the status of your PC does not detect it, nor does it detect it in tpm.msc. In all the videos I have seen on YouTube where people have that same...
  3. Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?: I have an Asrock B450M Pro4 r2.0 motherboard and I have TPM enabled in the BIOS and Windows 10 and the Microsoft tool to determine the status of your PC does not detect it, nor does it detect it in tpm.msc. In all the videos I have seen on YouTube where people have that same...
  4. Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why doesn't Windows recognize that I activated TPM on my ASRock B450M Pro4?: I have an Asrock B450M Pro4 r2.0 motherboard and I have TPM activated in the BIOS and Windows 10 and Microsoft's nibla tool to determine the status of your PC detects it, it does not detect it in tpm.msc either. In all the videos that I have seen on YouTube where people have...
  5. TPM 2.0 not being recognized by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2.0 not being recognized by Windows 11: Hey everyone,I am stumped on this. I am currently running Microsoft Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.2261 with a ROG Crosshair VIII FORMULA motherboard. When I go into the BIOS settings I see the TPM showing up but when I go to tpm.msc nothing is showing up. I tried messing around...
  6. TPM 2.0 not being recognized by Windows 11

TPM 2.0 not being recognized by Windows 11: Hey everyone,I am stumped on this. I am currently running Microsoft Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.2261 with a ROG Crosshair VIII FORMULA motherboard. When I go into the BIOS settings I see the TPM showing up but when I go to tpm.msc nothing is showing up. I tried messing around...
  7. Why doesn't PC heath check app recognize that I have TPM 2.0 active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't PC heath check app recognize that I have TPM 2.0 active: I havea custom built computer that I installed windows 10. But ever since then windows 11 came out I've been trying to upgrade to no avail. I have triple checked in the bios to confirm, that I do have TPM 2.0 active but it isn't detected by the health check app. Any help or...
  8. Why doesn't PC heath check app recognize that I have TPM 2.0 active

Why doesn't PC heath check app recognize that I have TPM 2.0 active: I havea custom built computer that I installed windows 10. But ever since then windows 11 came out I've been trying to upgrade to no avail. I have triple checked in the bios to confirm, that I do have TPM 2.0 active but it isn't detected by the health check app. Any help or...
  9. Why doesn't PC heath check app recognize that I have TPM 2.0 active

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM: Due to a problem that happened, I had to reset BIOS settings. Now even after enabling TPM in BIOS Windows 11 still doesn't recognize TPM. I searched for TPM in device manager and it doesn't even appear. Windows security now keeps telling me there is no TPM....