Windows 10: TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security

Discus and support TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and SecurityMY TPM Module is showing as ready but is not showing in Device and Security; my laptop is an ASUS and you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by QuinzyFelthauser, Nov 1, 2022.

1. TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security

TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and SecurityMY TPM Module is showing as ready but is not showing in Device and Security; my laptop is an ASUS and you cannot do anything in the BIOS settings for this. See attached.

:)

QuinzyFelthauser, Nov 1, 2022
  2. darobins Win User

Security Device Not Recognized

Ob build 10527:

On my login screen I had 4 icons:

• Password
    • Security Device
    • Security Device
    • PIN
    The Security Device (#2) when clicked shows "Security Device Not Recognized". It also shows up as the default. The other Security Device (#3) is a Virtual Smart Card and it functions correctly. As does the Password and PIN.

I used Tpmvscmgr to destroy the virtual smart card instance #0, and I further attempted to destroy any other instances but none existed.

Now I have:

• Password
    • Security Device
    • PIN
    The Security Device #2 still has the same error.

In Device Manager I only have 1 Security Device, TPM 2.0, which is functioning correctly (Bitlocker etc).

How do I remove or repair this bad security device on my sign-in screen?

darobins, Nov 1, 2022
  3. Update your security processor (TPM) firmware

Is it just piece of cake or is this operation dangerous? I'm afraid to loose all my encrypted data???

3. Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data.
    Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

1. Go to Start > Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Security >
      Device security
    2. Under Security processor, select
      Security processor details
    3. Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under
      Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

FinnSvenning, Nov 1, 2022
  4. TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security

1. TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security - Similar Threads - TPM showing Device

2. Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0: Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0. One is showing no problems. The second one is showing an error 3.1. How do you remove the TPM that shows the error?...
  3. Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0: Device manager shows duplicate TPM 2.0. One is showing no problems. The second one is showing an error 3.1. How do you remove the TPM that shows the error?...
  4. Device Security - 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security - 2: Previously posted on this subject and grateful to all who responded. Been a roller coaster ride. Thought I'd create new post with current situation and question.:-Current situation is that "Winders Security " states that 'no action is needed'. However, "Core Isolation" shows...
  5. Device Security - 2

Device Security - 2: Previously posted on this subject and grateful to all who responded. Been a roller coaster ride. Thought I'd create new post with current situation and question.:-Current situation is that "Winders Security " states that 'no action is needed'. However, "Core Isolation" shows...
  6. TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security

TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and Security: TPM 2.0 not showing in Device and SecurityMY TPM Module is showing as ready but is not showing in Device and Security; my laptop is an ASUS and you cannot do anything in the BIOS settings for this. See attached....
  7. TPM 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  8. TPM 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2: One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?...
  9. TPM 2

10. TPM 2 Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2 Not Recognised: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 Main Board 4mb RamASUS GeForce GT710 2GB Video CardASUS said my board and video card are compatible with Windows 11. I updated the drivers for both. TPM 2 is enabled, but Microsoft doesn't recognise it....