Windows 10: TPM 2

Discus and support TPM 2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MenteshMehmet, Mar 15, 2022.

1. TPM 2

One of my drives was disconnected when I upgraded to TPM 2 and when I reconnected it it wasn't visible.The BIOS struggled with something as it took the PC around 5 minutes to boot.Could TPM 2 have anything to do with it?

:)

MenteshMehmet, Mar 15, 2022

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Mar 15, 2022
  3. I3V
    i3v Win User
    TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

PS.

1. I've also just tried to uninstall the TPM device, like suggested
      here.
    2. I've also just tried

Code:
    $tpm = gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm$tpm.SetPhysicalPresenceRequest(6)
    as suggested
    here
    and
    here

Nothing changed.

Here's some additional info, just-in-case:

Code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> gwmi -n root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm win32_tpm__GENUS                     : 2__CLASS                     : Win32_Tpm__SUPERCLASS                :__DYNASTY                   : Win32_Tpm__RELPATH                   : Win32_Tpm=@__PROPERTY_COUNT            : 10__DERIVATION                : {}__SERVER                    : MY-PC-NAME__NAMESPACE                 : root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm__PATH                      : \\MY-PC-NAME\root\cimv2\security\microsofttpm:Win32_Tpm=@IsActivated_InitialValue    : TrueIsEnabled_InitialValue      : TrueIsOwned_InitialValue        : TrueManufacturerId              : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt           : BRCMManufacturerVersion         : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20   : Not SupportedManufacturerVersionInfo     :PhysicalPresenceVersionInfo : 1.0SpecVersion                 : 1.2, 2, 1PSComputerName              : MY-PC-NAMEPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> get-tpmTpmPresent                : TrueTpmReady                  : TrueManufacturerId            : 1112687437ManufacturerIdTxt         : BRCMManufacturerVersion       : 7.11ManufacturerVersionFull20 : Not Supported for TPM 1.2ManagedAuthLevel          : FullOwnerAuth                 :OwnerClearDisabled        : FalseAutoProvisioning          : EnabledLockedOut                 : FalseLockoutHealTime           : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutCount              : Not Supported for TPM 1.2LockoutMax                : Not Supported for TPM 1.2SelfTest                  : {128, 159, 126, 96}

4. Ethan.ASI Win User

TPM 2

Issue after upgrading TPM firmware

Hello,

This is the update that I am trying to accomplish: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4096377/windows-10-update-security-processor-tpm-firmware

However after completing the steps that are listed within this article I am still not able to complete the actual upgrade. I still have the pop up that states i need to upgrade.

I followed the following steps:

1. ensure all upgrades are up to date.

2. download the specific .EXE firmware update file and run it on my machine as an administrator

3. clear TPM and restart.

however simple these steps are I have not been able to complete the update.

I am on a HP Z240 SFF 1.2 TPM

What can I do to ensure that my TPM is updated to the latest firmware?

Ethan.ASI, Mar 15, 2022
Thema:

TPM 2

1. TPM 2 - Similar Threads - TPM

2. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  3. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  4. How to Dual boot Windows with another OS, while keeping the TPM reserved for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Dual boot Windows with another OS, while keeping the TPM reserved for windows: I like to mess around with different operating systems, but for convenience, I often return to Windows regularly.It would really help me to set up a Dual boot on my Main PC with Windows and Arch Linux so i can mess with diffrend Operating systems Via Distro box or similar...
  5. How to Dual boot Windows with another OS, while keeping the TPM reserved for windows

How to Dual boot Windows with another OS, while keeping the TPM reserved for windows: I like to mess around with different operating systems, but for convenience, I often return to Windows regularly.It would really help me to set up a Dual boot on my Main PC with Windows and Arch Linux so i can mess with diffrend Operating systems Via Distro box or similar...
  6. TPM 2.0 error code Valorant

TPM 2.0 error code Valorant: I have win 11 i was playing valorant before without any issues now it showing TPM 2.0 error code Valorant and i checked and my pc didn't have the TPM 2.0 it only have 1.2 i tried everything not working please help me i dont want to play in win 10...
  7. TPM 2.0 error code Valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM 2.0 error code Valorant: I have win 11 i was playing valorant before without any issues now it showing TPM 2.0 error code Valorant and i checked and my pc didn't have the TPM 2.0 it only have 1.2 i tried everything not working please help me i dont want to play in win 10...
  8. Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all: Installed new bios and reset the whole TPM module. Now every time i try to log in it says your pin is no longer available due to changes in security settings click here. When i click it does nothing. This is the only account. No start menu. I’m locked out so none of that....
  9. Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all

Installed new BIOS and reset whole TPM. now I’m screwed and can’t log into windows at all: Installed new bios and reset the whole TPM module. Now every time i try to log in it says your pin is no longer available due to changes in security settings click here. When i click it does nothing. This is the only account. No start menu. I’m locked out so none of that....
  10. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...