Windows 10: TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES

Discus and support TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Team, I lost the password of the drives D: and E: see the image attached, passwors are masked but not the C: drive Is there any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brian PODDA, Mar 25, 2020.

1. TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES

Dear Microsoft Team,

I lost the password of the drives D: and E: see the image attached, passwors are masked

but not the C: drive
    Is there any solution to change it or recover it with TPM management ?

TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES e5c36315-4a18-4e54-ab12-7903918cef26?upload=true.jpg

:)

Brian PODDA, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Viruzz Win User

HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Mar 25, 2020
  3. BitLocker not requiring password at boot. (Without TPM)

I've recently installed bitlocker on my computer. Although windows says my C: drive is encrypted; I am not asked for my decryption password when i boot the computer. I get put straight into the login screen. I've done the necessary steps to enable bitlocker without TPM but maybe i missed something. Help please.

xBrokenxSoulx, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Yan.S Win User

TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES

Bitlocker without TPM

Hi there,

I'm trying to use Bitlocker without TPM

My version is Windows 10 Home, and I try to follow -

To turn on BitLocker Drive Encryption on a computer without a compatible TPM

1. Click Start, type gpedit.mscin the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    2. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
    3. In the Local Group Policy Editor console tree, click Local Computer Policy, click Administrative Templates, click Windows Components, and then clickBitLocker Drive Encryption.
    4. Double-click the setting Control Panel Setup: Enable Advanced Startup Options.
    5. Select the Enabled option, select the Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM check box, and then click OK.
    You have changed the policy setting so that you can use a startup key instead of a TPM.

1. Close the Local Group Policy Editor.
    2. To force Group Policy to apply immediately, you can click Start, typegpupdate.exe /forcein the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
    3. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    4. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
    5. On the BitLocker Drive Encryption page, click Turn On BitLocker. This will only appear with the operating system volume.
    6. On the Set BitLocker Startup Preferences page, select the Require Startup USB Key at every startup option. This is the only option available for non-TPM configurations. This key must be inserted each time before you start
      the computer.
    7. Insert your USB flash drive in the computer, if it is not already there.
    8. On the Save your Startup Key page, choose the location of your USB flash drive, and then click Save.
    9. On the Save the recovery password page, you will see the following options:
    · Save the password on a USB drive. Saves the password to a USB flash drive.

· Save the password in a folder. Saves the password to a folder on a network drive or other location.

· Print the password. Prints the password

While I have a problem on step 4.

Double-click the setting Control Panel Setup: Enable Advanced Startup Options.

I can find "BitLocker Drive Encryption" on my group policy editor, while I cannot find
    Control Panel Setup: Enable Advanced Startup Options anywhere.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Yan

Yan.S, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES

1. TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES - Similar Threads - TPM BITLOCKER LOST

2. lost BitLocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost BitLocker password: i upgraded to win11 but i found that the partition is locked with bitlocker password and i don't know the password.the password to this partition isn't on my microsoft account,...
  3. lost BitLocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost BitLocker password: i upgraded to win11 but i found that the partition is locked with bitlocker password and i don't know the password.the password to this partition isn't on my microsoft account,...
  4. lost BitLocker password

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...
  6. Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correct Bitlocker password but failed to unlock drive: please help me! very frustrating. I used Bitlocker on my OS drive and two days ago, I was prompted to input password to unlock it when restarting Windows. However, after inputting the correct password I am 100% sure it is correct as retrieved from my Microsoft account, with...
  7. Is it possible to auto-unlock Bitlocker on a non-TPM laptop's 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to auto-unlock Bitlocker on a non-TPM laptop's 2nd drive: I'm aware it isn't possible with the boot drive (so password is necessary), so I'm asking about the secondary drive. I found an old laptop (Toshiba Satellite P755 with 2nd Gen i7) from work, which doesn't have TPM along with a 128GB SSD. And I'm planning on making its 500GB...
  8. how to unlock hard drive bitlocker if lost all password and recovery keys?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to unlock hard drive bitlocker if lost all password and recovery keys?: Accidentally, I have lost password and recovery keys after reinstall windows, and i drive is got bitlocker. How can i unlock my drive? it is very important to me?...
  9. unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unlock drive using bitlocker - encryption key is lost: Hi Sir, i use lock to use Bitlocker. when i use Bitlocker in windows10 but then i install windows 8 and i unloack my dirve this bitloacker give error . it says password is incorrect. and my encryption key is lost. please help. its very urgent...
  10. Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker...TPM + PIN vs Password?: I have seen this question asked elsewhere several times, but with different answers...so I just want to make sure my understanding of BitLocker is correct. In the past, I had used BitLocker on several computers that did Not have a TPM...therefore I had to use a strong...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlock drive when bitlocker key lost