Windows 10: TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

Discus and support TPM Console Error 0x8007007A in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am facing the following error after replacing the motherboard in my laptop, when i run `tpm.msc`: Loading of the management console failed. The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by i3v, Apr 24, 2020.

1. I3V
    i3v Win User

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

I am facing the following error after replacing the motherboard in my laptop, when i run `tpm.msc`:

Loading of the management console failed. The data area passed to a system call is too small. Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007A Try again.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1909 on Dell M6400 ~11 years old legacy laptop.

The issue seem to be equal to this one.

The replacement Motherboard originally had some older bios version. Now I've updated BIOS to A13 latest available and tried to clear the TPM once again. Nothing changed.

The official troubleshooting guide only offers to "reinstall Windows" in this case. I've postedthis issue, asking to improve/justify this statement.

But that thread is hardly a good place for discussing possible workarounds for the issue I have.

Any other ideas?

:)

2. Amit_Sun Win User

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This could be the issue when the firmware is not upto date, you can try the troubleshooting steps provided below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: TPM console troubleshoot.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting method provided by dell on

"Cannot load management console" opening TPM Management console in Windows 10 Version 1703
    and check if this helps you.

Method 2: Update BIOS and firmware.

I suggest you to contact the
    manufacturer
    and update all the compatible firmware drivers for Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Make the above changes and check if this helps you, if you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Gul78 Win User

Hi Folks,

I am facing the following error after enabling TPM in BIOS and encrypting my C drive successfully - when i run tpm.msc in Win+R prompt :

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A 475b382f-ac86-4479-9b8b-da5ce0f7e1c2?upload=true.png

Is there any solution available for this so far?

I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803 on Dell E6410 laptop.

Thanks,

Gulfaraz.

Gul78, Apr 24, 2020
  4. ASH-DEV Win User

TPM error on Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Hi,

I am getting the following TPM errors in Windows Event Log, since 12-Jul-2019:

===

Code:
    [b]The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware on this computer cannot be provisioned for use automatically.  To set up the TPM interactively use the TPM management console (Start->tpm.msc) and use the action to make the TPM
     ready.[/b]

[b]Error: The TPM returned an unexpected result.[/b]

[b]Additional Information: 0x140000[/b]
    ===

===

Code:
    [b]The initialization of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) failed. The TPM may be in failure mode. To allow diagnosis, contact the TPM manufacturer with the attached information.[/b]
    ===

Impact:

1. System drive (C:\) is no longer encrypted. I cannot open TPM management console.
    2. Other drives are encrypted fine.

Computer details:

Acer Predator G9-791

BIOS: V1.12 (type: UEFI)

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

Please let me know how to fix this.

Thank you!

ASH-DEV, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. TPM Console Error 0x8007007A - Similar Threads - TPM Console Error

2. TPM 2.0 enabled in microsoft security console but not recognized in windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM 2.0 enabled in microsoft security console but not recognized in windows security: Hi, I'm currently having an issue with windows security not detecting my TPM under Device security/Security processor details. My goal is to enable Local Security Authority protection which is currently off for some reason.When opening "tpm.msc" it says TPM 2.0 is ready for...
  3. Error 0x8007007A,, "the data area passed to a system call is too small"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x8007007A,, "the data area passed to a system call is too small": I am running Windows 11 on an HP desktop PC, all current updates installed. I am trying to copy files to an SSD external storage, My Passport, but I keep getting error 0x8007007A, "the data area passed to a system call is too small". The file names and paths are not long. The...
  4. Console App Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Console App Error: PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows : 10.0.18363.0 Win32NT Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000 System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.4240.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B clr.dll : 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C dfdll.dll : 4.8.4240.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B dfshim.dll :...
  5. TPM Error 80280036

in Windows 10 Customization
    TPM Error 80280036: Hey guys, not sure what to make of this I need some help. Fresh Windows 10 image on a domain PC, clean install not an in place upgrade. It is a Dell E6440 and has the TPM activated, Bitlocker enabled and drive encrypted successfully and we use Microsoft Multifactor...
  6. TPM malfunction error

TPM malfunction error: Hi, I am currently facing this issue when i try to share a document through my one drive. I use an Alienware R14 laptop and the manufacturer disabled this feature. can anyone suggest me to fix this error?...
  7. TPM Console Error 0x8007007A

TPM Console Error 0x8007007A: Hi Folks, I am facing the following error after enabling TPM in BIOS and encrypting my C drive successfully - when i run tpm.msc in Win+R prompt : [ATTACH] Is there any solution available for this so far? I am running Windows 10 Pro 1803 on Dell E6410 laptop....
  8. KB4476976 - Error 0x8007007a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4476976 - Error 0x8007007a: I am getting the above error when trying to install the update. I get it when trying to install via Windows Update and using the manual download. I am running Win Pro 10.0.17763. I also have all the logs shown with the events associated with this error. Any suggestions as to...
  9. TPM error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM error: Hello, after the Windows update in october 2017 my Pc have problems with TPM, in device maneger under secutity devices appears an exclamation point and under TPM properties : "Device ACPI\MSFT0101\1 was migrated." and "Device ACPI\MSFT0101\1 had a problem starting." and "A...
  10. 0x8007007A on install of lg smartshare

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    0x8007007A on install of lg smartshare: Hello. parrent bought a new tv. I wanted to show some 4k pictures i took using lgs smartshare software. Problem is that it won't install on my moms new Lenovo labtop. Everything goes well until, the ending configuration, and it pops up with the error 0x8007007A and aborts...