Windows 10: TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

Discus and support TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maksym Domin, Mar 3, 2024.

1. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM in BIOS - nothing helped. Windows doesn't see it.My hardware is:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3DMB: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming WiFiRAM: 64GB DDR5 6000SSD: 1TB Samsung 990 Pro

:)

Maksym Domin, Mar 3, 2024

2. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.

I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.

I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0

Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming Plus

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I read a lot of articles about this, but in every case, the computer at least detected something to be then able to re-install a driver or something.

ChristianFritz1, Mar 3, 2024
  3. TPM Enabled in Bios, but not showing up in windows

I have a Windows 11 computer, and have been running Windows 11 for many months now, however when I went to install a new game I got error saying TPM 2.0 not installed, after checking sys info and device manager it appeared TPM was not enabled, however it is enabled in bios. I have tried restarting, uninstalling TPM and restarting, updating TPM through device manager (Although it said no update was available), updating BIOS, turning FTPM on and off in BIOS. Windows requires TPM 2.0 and BIOS says its enabled so it must be enabled and working, but why is it not showing up?

I am using a Ryzen 5 5600x, RTX 3070Ti, 32GB Ram, Windows 11 Home, and Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 Motherboard

Finn McKinley, Mar 3, 2024
  4. Frick Win User

TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Mar 3, 2024
Thema:

TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

1. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows - Similar Threads - TPM device enabled

2. TPM enabled in BIOS but not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM enabled in BIOS but not showing in Windows: I've been having some issues with my PC of late BSODs, and noticed my TPM version was 1.2, so I decided to upgrade it to 2.0.Checked the manufacturer's website and downloaded its most recent TPM2.0 firmware upgrade.Running it straight up provided the first hurdle, had to...
  3. TPM enabled in BIOS but not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM enabled in BIOS but not showing in Windows: I've been having some issues with my PC of late BSODs, and noticed my TPM version was 1.2, so I decided to upgrade it to 2.0.Checked the manufacturer's website and downloaded its most recent TPM2.0 firmware upgrade.Running it straight up provided the first hurdle, had to...
  4. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...
  5. TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS

TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS: Hello, Apparently the TPM is missing the two following keys called "variables" in the BIOS' secure boot menu: Authorized timestamps OsRecovery Signatures I tried restoring factory keys and resetting the BIOS and it still can't find these keys, and Windows still isn't able to...
  6. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  7. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  8. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Enable TPM on BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028
  10. Enable TPM on BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028