Windows 10: TPM disabling after restart

Discus and support TPM disabling after restart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The subject says it all. My ASUS bios will allow me to enable TPM, save changes, and boot into Windows. However, after shutting down for the night or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Radar88, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Radar88 Win User

TPM disabling after restart

The subject says it all. My ASUS bios will allow me to enable TPM, save changes, and boot into Windows. However, after shutting down for the night or other reason, the next time the machine is started the TPM is again disabled.

:)

Radar88, Oct 19, 2021

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Oct 19, 2021
  3. idgat Win User
    TPM support

I couldn't find "TPM" or "Trusted Platform Module" listed in any BIOS setting on 2 of my laptops. Got the mobo ID from system specs and did a bit of searching ... ah, there it is, not actually called that exactly, but same thing, and was disabled. Enabled ... booted up, ran tpm.msc. Bingo! Alive and well.

Your search engine will be your friend (one of mine even had a YouTube step-by-step how to access the BIOS, what to look for, etc).

idgat, Oct 19, 2021
  4. TPM disabling after restart

TPM

Press Windows key + R

open TPM management by enteringtpm.msc in the Run window.

Hit Enter

In the right-hand pane, click on Clear TPM and wait for Windows to restart automatically.

After restarting, open BIOS settings (UEFI in my case).

Again clear the TPM from the BIOS settings. It may be listed under Security tab.

Save the changes and exit the BIOS.

Andre for Directly, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

TPM disabling after restart

1. TPM disabling after restart - Similar Threads - TPM disabling restart

2. TPM disabled while playing valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM disabled while playing valorant: So i was just playing valorant on my acer swift x SFX14-41G with ryzen 5 5600u i accidentally sleep my laptop and when i try to login with my fingerprint it wont work. So i checked my event viewer and found out that the tpm encountered an unrecoverable error with event id:...
  3. TPM disabled while playing valorant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM disabled while playing valorant: So i was just playing valorant on my acer swift x SFX14-41G with ryzen 5 5600u i accidentally sleep my laptop and when i try to login with my fingerprint it wont work. So i checked my event viewer and found out that the tpm encountered an unrecoverable error with event id:...
  4. TPM disabling after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM disabling after restart: The subject says it all. My ASUS bios will allow me to enable TPM, save changes, and boot into Windows. However, after shutting down for the night or other reason, the next time the machine is started the TPM is again disabled....
  5. TPM disabling after restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM disabling after restart: The subject says it all. My ASUS bios will allow me to enable TPM, save changes, and boot into Windows. However, after shutting down for the night or other reason, the next time the machine is started the TPM is again disabled....
  6. TPM is disabled but

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM is disabled but: is blacked out and i cannot change to enable please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-is-disabled-but/6520b551-c4de-443e-8532-ce21bbe4628c
  7. TPM is disabled but

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM is disabled but: is blacked out and i cannot change to enable please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm-is-disabled-but/6520b551-c4de-443e-8532-ce21bbe4628c
  8. Disable applications restarting after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable applications restarting after update: So I have been desperately trying to make windows 10 NOT restart applications after reboots. It works, IF I manually do a normal reboot. But if the reboot is due to updates being applied, applications restart at next login, ignoring my settings. I can see how Microsoft might...
  9. Custom Tasks disabled after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Tasks disabled after restart: Hello good people, when I restart my PC all the Tasks I made in Task-Scheduler are disabled. Which is especially bad, since they should activate scripts on PC start... submitted by /u/Eisdaemon01 [link] [comments]...
  10. TPM - Clearing the TPM and restarting still has "clear TPM" highlight

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM - Clearing the TPM and restarting still has "clear TPM" highlight: Lenovo Yoga Laptop Windows 10 - Build 17134 Cleared all BIOS settings and supervisor password. Log in with local admin account. open TPM.MSC Click "clear TPM". no errors or anything pop up. Press F9 when the PC restarts to clear the TPM. Once the machine reboots, I...