Windows 10: TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

Discus and support TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChristianFritz1, Feb 11, 2022.

1. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming PlusCPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600XI read a lot of articles about this, but in every case, the computer at least detected something to be then able to re-install a driver or something.

:)

ChristianFritz1, Feb 11, 2022
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Feb 11, 2022
  3. f23948 Win User
    Enable TPM on BIOS

Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS?

f23948, Feb 11, 2022
  4. f14tomcat Win User

TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

Enable TPM on BIOS

Just to enable it and have it function? No, just enable and reboot normally. Windows will take care of itself.

f14tomcat, Feb 11, 2022
Thema:

TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

1. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected - Similar Threads - TPM enabled BIOS

2. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...
  3. TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM device enabled in BIOS but not visible in Windows: Hi,I want to upgrade Windows 11 from 22H2 to 23H2 but can't do that cos Windows setup program/assistant doesn't see fTPM of my AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D. It is enabled in BIOS but tpm.msc doesn't see it at all. I updated BIOS to the latest version, did multiple enable/disable fTPM...
  4. TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS: Hello, Apparently the TPM is missing the two following keys called "variables" in the BIOS' secure boot menu: Authorized timestamps OsRecovery Signatures I tried restoring factory keys and resetting the BIOS and it still can't find these keys, and Windows still isn't able to...
  5. TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS

TPM not detected in Windows 11 but enabled in BIOS: Hello, Apparently the TPM is missing the two following keys called "variables" in the BIOS' secure boot menu: Authorized timestamps OsRecovery Signatures I tried restoring factory keys and resetting the BIOS and it still can't find these keys, and Windows still isn't able to...
  6. New HP Computer - TPM Not Detected but Enabled in BIOS

New HP Computer - TPM Not Detected but Enabled in BIOS: Apologies but the following is a copy paste from HP forum that I just made, still unsure if this is an HP or Windows issue. I appreciate any help on this!Brand new computer, I was only able to diagnose this because the game Valorant requires TPM 2.0 to play and it has so...
  7. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  8. TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM enabled in BIOS but no device detected: I have enabled TPM in the BIOS but it does not detect a device. Not in the BIOS or in the device manager.I have no security devices and it is also not listed in the system devices.I checked my hardware and it should be capable of tpm 2.0Motherboard: MSI MPG 570 Gaming...
  9. Enable TPM on BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028
  10. Enable TPM on BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable TPM on BIOS: Do I need to clean install Windows 10 after I enable TPM on BIOS? 182028