Windows 10: TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10?

Discus and support TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting the TPM error on my Dell desktop after every Windows 10 update. I also get registry error warnings occasionally. Dell has tried 4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by edspyhill01_844, Oct 10, 2019.

1. TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10?

I keep getting the TPM error on my Dell desktop after every Windows 10 update. I also get registry error warnings occasionally. Dell has tried 4 times to fix the problem with no success.

This problem has been reported since 2012 by many users. After all this time Dell has been unable to fix this problem.

It has to be that Dell hardware is not compatible with windows 10. Should I just trash this computer, just 1.5 years old, and buy Microsoft hardware?

Thank you,

Ed

:)

edspyhill01_844, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

TPMs are used by bitlocker to decrypt drives. Other security software can be programmed to use the code stored in the TPM which is generated in part by the hardware in the system. Think of it as an MD5 of your physical PC. This isnt some scary tinfoil hat stuff though. Alot of consumer laptops have TPMs

Solaris17, Oct 10, 2019
  4. TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10?

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10?

1. TPM Error after Windows updates. Dell hardware comparability issues with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - TPM Error updates

2. How to enable a missing tpm, windows 10, Dell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable a missing tpm, windows 10, Dell: Hi! I have a problem where everytime I boot up my Dell laptop it says tpm device not detected. I have looked in bios under security and it's not there. I've looked in device manager and there is no security device options. I've looked in local management and it says...
  3. How to enable a missing tpm, windows 10, Dell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable a missing tpm, windows 10, Dell: Hi! I have a problem where everytime I boot up my Dell laptop it says tpm device not detected. I have looked in bios under security and it's not there. I've looked in device manager and there is no security device options. I've looked in local management and it says...
  4. Windows 10 Compare

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Compare: Dear Microsoft Team,Introduce my name is ryan, I work at PT. NEC Indonesia. Currently we want to sell our products using the Windows 10 IoT operating system. But our customers ask for a statement that windows 10 IoT is basically the same as Windows 10 Pro. Can you help us?And...
  5. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  6. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM issues after hardware upgrade: I just recently upgraded my Ryzen CPU, Ram, and GPU. My issues led back to security processor settings. After troubleshooting, its telling me that i need to clear my TPM. How do i go about this issue?* Moved from Community Center* OS not specified...
  7. TPM issues after hardware upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows comparability issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows comparability issues: So built a new pc, had to buy a new version of Windows since my old one didn’t transfer. I’m getting this error connecting to parties is Xbox game bar. Figured it could be the LAN drivers etc. when I go to install the drivers for each version I get the this is not compatible...
  9. Windows 10 2004, Hardware error after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004, Hardware error after update: After updating my laptop to 2004 on 6/21/2020, I now get a consistent error in the System log: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Component: PCI Express Root Port Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x6...
  10. Windows 10 Errors TPM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Errors TPM: I Window 10 Errors in TPM system crashes as well as slow and lagging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-errors-tpm/2f19ed0b-fde5-429a-a599-19cc1b361054

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 update breaks Dell TPM chip