Windows 10: TPM-Factory Reset

Discus and support TPM-Factory Reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was attempting a factory reset. I created a Restore Drive on another Desktop using Win10 and began the restore. At 30% I had to leave my desk and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CBitJr, May 11, 2020.

1. CBitJr Win User

TPM-Factory Reset

I was attempting a factory reset. I created a Restore Drive on another Desktop using Win10 and began the restore. At 30% I had to leave my desk and when I returned 3 hours later, I had a blue rectangle on the screen which stated: "The Following configuration change was requested to this computer's Trusted Platform Module TPM:

Clear TPM

Warning: Clearign erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all crated keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.

Press F1= Accept Press F2= Reject"

No matter what I do, this screen will not go away. I did not select either nor will the computer allow me to choose. What do I do?

:)

CBitJr, May 11, 2020

2. Clear tpm

Hi I'm trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and its saying clear TPM. Or configuration change was requested for this computer's TPM.

Louise Robert, May 11, 2020
  3. AbinAk Win User
    Is the TPM reset screen during a Laptop factory reset normal

Hello,

I v'e done a full factory reset of my laptop during the process a screen just came up after 100% to reset the TPM of my laptop is I selected Yes to reset my TPM and the laptop just booted with factory settings. I just wanted to know that is this normal during
    a factory reset or not because this screen didn't come up when I reset my laptop before.

I have an Acer Aspire e15 with Windows 10 pro.

AbinAk, May 11, 2020
  4. TPM-Factory Reset

constantly being asked tpm reset

There is no TPM update listed for ASUS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/409637...

Microsoft says:

If the manufacturer of your device is not listed in the following table, please contact the manufacturer’s customer support department for next steps.

Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data. Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

How to backup:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device security .

Under Security processor, select Security processor details.

Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

Andre for Directly, May 11, 2020
Thema:

TPM-Factory Reset

1. TPM-Factory Reset - Similar Threads - TPM Factory Reset

2. Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset: Hello, I wanted to factory reset my computer so i did it through windows 10 settings. After that the TPM Clear showed up and it says press F12 to enable…. And Esc to reject and continue. My keyboard lights are on but when i press f12 or esc nothing happens.. I tried power...
  3. Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset: Hello, I wanted to factory reset my computer so i did it through windows 10 settings. After that the TPM Clear showed up and it says press F12 to enable…. And Esc to reject and continue. My keyboard lights are on but when i press f12 or esc nothing happens.. I tried power...
  4. Stuck on TPM clear after windows factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset: Hi, I am trying to factory reset my sisters laptop. I have tried downloading a link thing to a usb and putting the usb into the laptop im trying to reset but it wont work. I cant find any videos on youtube or any information on how to do it. I think her laptop is a levovo...
  6. HP Factory Reset stuck on a clear TPM screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Factory Reset stuck on a clear TPM screen.: I have a HP Laptop and tried to reset it to give to my daughter. I am now seeing a black screen with a blue box asking to clear the TPM. I have tried the F12 and the volume up and down. I have tried to turn it off but it pops back up on the same screen. My mouse isn't working...
  7. Prompted either clear the TPM and the keys or just continue and this is after a factory reset

Prompted either clear the TPM and the keys or just continue and this is after a factory reset: Yes I don't believe I've got an answer you get back from Mr Smith so I'm still up in the air with my factory reset I've been prompted with the TPM trusted platform and I've done a little research and I do have a driver problem so maybe reset these guys are good thing let me...
  8. Factory reset

Factory reset: I have a ton of downloads on my computer thats slowing it down i need to factory reset it but it keeps getting a failure error and says nothings been changed after it hits close to 6%...
  9. factory reset

factory reset: windows 10 has been factory reset but I cannot reinstall my personal settings and data saved on external hardrive. I cant find how to do this anywhere. Information such as my outlook settings with my contact list and old emails, can you help....
  10. Reset TPM keys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset TPM keys: After my latest update to windows 10, it shows that I need to reset my TPM keys, my issue is that I have a parallel version of Ubuntu running and right now, as of this moment I have UEFI secure boot enabled and both OS Windows and Ubuntu are UEFI enabled, my query is that if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. factory settings tpm