Windows 10: TPM is active and now i cant reinstall window again cause it hae everything locked

Discus and support TPM is active and now i cant reinstall window again cause it hae everything locked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how can i get this to stop and work, i keep having to rinsta;; windows often cause it breaks but this time everythijg is locked duye to tpm'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by huskiepup, Jul 31, 2020.

1. huskiepup Win User

TPM is active and now i cant reinstall window again cause it hae everything locked

how can i get this to stop and work, i keep having to rinsta;; windows often cause it breaks but this time everythijg is locked duye to tpm'

:)

huskiepup, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 devices now requires hardware encryption/TPM

Stolen from Sweclockers, but it's in swedish.

So from now on devices (OEM built) needs a TPM module. Relevant bit:

Pretty interesting, but there's tons of questions I guess. I don't actually now anything about how TPM works, just that it's hardware, meaning the key is stored in a physical chip and that the decryption has to run through this chip. But I have no idea how let's say biometrics is tied to this. Or what the implications will be, or what exactly is encrypted. The entire storage or just the log in details as such?

Frick, Jul 31, 2020
  4. TPM is active and now i cant reinstall window again cause it hae everything locked

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

TPM is active and now i cant reinstall window again cause it hae everything locked

1. TPM is active and now i cant reinstall window again cause it hae everything locked - Similar Threads - TPM active cant

2. I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.: Hey, I had problems with my PC for a long time so I decided to reinstall it.But now, I cant activate it.I donwloaded the same version I had before Windows 10 Home for OEM software.I also tried login in with the same Microsoft Account I had before with Windows activated, but...
  3. I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.: Hey, I had problems with my PC for a long time so I decided to reinstall it.But now, I cant activate it.I donwloaded the same version I had before Windows 10 Home for OEM software.I also tried login in with the same Microsoft Account I had before with Windows activated, but...
  4. I reinstalled Windows 10 Home but now I cant activate it anymore.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  6. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated: I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it is not activated and the product key won't show. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reinstalled-windows-10-and-now-it-says-its-not/63d1a9a5-62d3-4c2d-a771-051d20a5a4ae
  7. I reinstalled Windows 10 and now it says it's not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Installer crashed and now I cant install again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installer crashed and now I cant install again: I bought a new hard drive and installed windows 10 again. It was going smooth until my hard drive started clicking and computer crashed with a fatal error. I tried to reinstall again but all partition was lost and i was back to unallocated space and an error when i click it...
  9. I activated my windows 10 but it is now again showing a pop up to activate windows again.

I activated my windows 10 but it is now again showing a pop up to activate windows again.: Hey, I just activated my Windows 10 using a key but now it is again asking me to activate windows and when i again put the activating key the it is not working. Anybody facing the same issue?? what county am i in...
  10. I cant activate Windows after reinstalling

I cant activate Windows after reinstalling: Hello, I bought my laptop 2 years ago and I now I had problems and had to reformat the laptop. I saved my license key and when I wanted to reactivate Windows says we cant connect to your organizations server. [ATTACH] I also tried the MAK solution. It said that the...