Windows 10: TPM is not usable

Discus and support TPM is not usable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How to fix this!!!I have a tpm in my laptop i reinstall windows 10 v1507.then in Get Started i stuck on the Express Setting so i reset it then it work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianAlipante, Jul 30, 2021.

1. TPM is not usable

How to fix this!!!I have a tpm in my laptop i reinstall windows 10 v1507.then in Get Started i stuck on the Express Setting so i reset it then it work but the tpm is gone not usable how to fix this

:)

JulianAlipante, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 v.1709 Error 0x8000FFFF & TPM is not usable?

We appreciate the update that you provided. Upon reviewing the steps you've mentioned in the past, it seems you haven't tried uninstalling the TPM driver yet. An outdated version of this driver can directly affect the Hardware Troubleshooter and cause the 0x8000FFFF
    error. To uninstall the TPM driver, follow these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Security devices.
    • Right-click Trusted Platform Module 1.2 and choose Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer and let Windows automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know if the error disappears after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 30, 2021
  3. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jul 30, 2021
  4. TPM is not usable

Windows 10 v.1709 Error 0x8000FFFF & TPM is not usable?

I can not do as you suggested because I do not have an existing tab for 'Security Devices' and no other listing for any TPM devices to uninstall? I read something that this device is sometimes linked to 'Fingerprint Scanners' but I don't have any thing
    like that on my desktop?

RocknRobert, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

TPM is not usable

1. TPM is not usable - Similar Threads - TPM usable

2. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  3. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  4. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....: When setting up FIDO2 on a WebAuthn enabled site at least with Firefox all recent versions, you will get an OS level popup for the WebAuthn/FIDO2 request.The first one that comes up is for the Windows Hello Platform Authenticator. If this is what you intend to use, all well...
  6. Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....: When setting up FIDO2 on a WebAuthn enabled site at least with Firefox all recent versions, you will get an OS level popup for the WebAuthn/FIDO2 request.The first one that comes up is for the Windows Hello Platform Authenticator. If this is what you intend to use, all well...
  7. Usability of FIDO2 dialog box with Platform Authenticator TPM backed AND Security Keys e.g....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can I encrypt Windows 10 Home tpm not usable, pcr7 unsupported, Hardwa

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I encrypt Windows 10 Home tpm not usable, pcr7 unsupported, Hardwa: I never really knew what encryption was until recently getting the files off my crashed drive... There should be a screaming banner when you install windows while it makes you set up a password that says: BTW anyone can just unplug your drive and get everything off of it, or...
  9. Can I encrypt Windows 10 Home tpm not usable, pcr7 unsupported, Hardwa

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I encrypt Windows 10 Home tpm not usable, pcr7 unsupported, Hardwa: I never really knew what encryption was until recently getting the files off my crashed drive... There should be a screaming banner when you install windows while it makes you set up a password that says: BTW anyone can just unplug your drive and get everything off of it, or...
  10. TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed...: I was trying to fix my latency problems, for the last year, and even tough I tried everything posted by Igor Leyko, very helpful, nothing helps. Here's screenshots on Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EaD9q4kCSz5QbZsT6 But, while looking at the System Information...