Windows 10: TPM no keyboard on start up

Discus and support TPM no keyboard on start up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ive reset my pc but now everytime it boots up i get the screen TPM press escape to clear but my keyboard doesnt work until the desktop screen loads.Its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dupfc8c4624-dd8a-466b-af7, Jan 2, 2020.

1. TPM no keyboard on start up

Ive reset my pc but now everytime it boots up i get the screen TPM press escape to clear but my keyboard doesnt work until the desktop screen loads.Its just on a loop constantly.I cant clear the TPM as it just wants to restart and loop again

:)

dupfc8c4624-dd8a-466b-af7, Jan 2, 2020

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jan 2, 2020
  3. constantly being asked tpm reset

There is no TPM update listed for ASUS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/409637...

Microsoft says:

If the manufacturer of your device is not listed in the following table, please contact the manufacturer’s customer support department for next steps.

Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data. Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

How to backup:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device security .

Under Security processor, select Security processor details.

Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

Andre for Directly, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

TPM no keyboard on start up

Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

TPM no keyboard on start up

1. TPM no keyboard on start up - Similar Threads - TPM keyboard start

2. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  3. Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard doesnt start up with the computer on start up.: My keyboard doesnt turn on when my PC does. It does work fine when it comes from sleep mode instead of a full restart.When i unplug the USB to reconnect it often gives me a connect sound and then a disconnect sound. i retry this with different USB ports until it works.My...
  4. TPM 2.0 Not Showing up

TPM 2.0 Not Showing up: So I updated to windows 11 and windows got deleted during the update, but when I went back to reinstall it its saying windows 11 isn't supported because tpm 2.0 isnt supported but I had just upgraded to windows 11 before windows got deleted, and when I go into bios i have a...
  5. Keyboard error on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard error on start up: Keyboard error on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-error-on-start-up/2a836898-efe2-41fa-84f7-e69e3e1d6edc
  6. Keyboard error on start up

Keyboard error on start up: Keyboard error on start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-error-on-start-up/2a836898-efe2-41fa-84f7-e69e3e1d6edc
  7. touch keyboard pops up at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    touch keyboard pops up at start up: Immediately after the last windows update I started getting a pop up keyboard at start up. This is annoying and a waste. Please tell me how to stop it. [ATTACH]...
  8. keyboard and Mouse not opening up at start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and Mouse not opening up at start: My keyboard and mouse do not start when I start my Lenovo Win 10 laptop. I have to shut down and restart and enter my pin by touch and restart again before it starts to work....
  9. Computer will not recognize keyboard on start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer will not recognize keyboard on start up: When I turn on my desktop computer, the lights on my USB connected keyboard will briefly flicker on and then turn off. The keyboard is then unresponsive, and I cannot log on because I can’t input my password. The computer and keyboard worked fine for two years until one time...
  10. Numeric Keyboard start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Numeric Keyboard start up: Since last updates, two problems have occurred with Windows 10 on my laptop. 1. Numeric keyboard always opens now with 'num lock' not working. Before I wouldn't have to do anything, now I have to press it to get numbers to type 2. Random freezing while using Facebook....