Windows 10: TPM - OwnerClearDisabled = True. How to make it false by powershell or cmd

Discus and support TPM - OwnerClearDisabled = True. How to make it false by powershell or cmd in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a requirement where I am stuck with a few machines (probably thousands), where Windows 10 has taken the ownership (conclusion after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ITTechGuyIn, Apr 16, 2019.

1. TPM - OwnerClearDisabled = True. How to make it false by powershell or cmd

Hi,

I have a requirement where I am stuck with a few machines (probably thousands), where Windows 10 has taken the ownership (conclusion after several hours/days of searching and experimenting) of the TPM and it has disabled clearing the TPM via script/powershell.

I have tried multiple methods to no avail, except for manual clearing from TPM management console.

I even gave a wild shot by directly upgrading/downgrading the TPM, unsuccessfully, tried disabling TPM auto provisioning and rebooting the machine, hoping Windows 10 somehow gives up the ownership (I know this is stupid, but I am trying out every single thing).

As these are predominantly Dell machines, I tried CCTK but couldn't find any suitable command to do what my requirement is.

So, now, I am in desperate need of some assistance on how to disable "OwnerClearDisabled" (or make OwnerClearDisabled = False), via cmd or powershell, so that I can upgrade/downgrade TPM as per the requirement.

TPM - OwnerClearDisabled = True. How to make it false by powershell or cmd d3b89db0-05b8-4830-bc12-9a8370c941d1?upload=true.jpg

In Summary, I want to make "OwnerClearDisabled" value from "true" to "false" on Dell machine using powershell/cmd so that I can upgrade/downgrade TPM on Dell machines.

Any help is appreciated, Thank you very much in advance

:)

ITTechGuyIn, Apr 16, 2019

2. Initialize-Tpm : Unable to read the TCG Event Log.

I'm trying to configure my TPM device on Windows 10 64.

When I run Get-Tpm I get the following:

TpmPresent : True

TpmReady : False

ManufacturerId : 1229346816

ManufacturerVersion : 5.51

ManagedAuthLevel : Delegated

OwnerAuth :

OwnerClearDisabled : True

AutoProvisioning : Enabled

LockedOut : False

LockoutCount : 0

LockoutMax : 32

SelfTest : {}

Then if I run Initialize-Tpm I get:

Initialize-Tpm : Unable to read the TCG Event Log.

At line:1 char:1

+ Initialize-Tpm

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (Microsoft.Tpm.C...alizeTpmCommand:InitializeTpmCommand) [Initialize-Tpm], TcgEventLogException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : TpmError,Microsoft.Tpm.Commands.InitializeTpmCommand

Any ideas?

Thanks

AlfonsoEnciso, Apr 16, 2019
  3. revans2 Win User
    TPM

My computer keeps asking me to update TPM firmware. I tried to clear tpm but nothing changed. can someone help me please??

Also I don't understand this TPM log:

TPM Device Information
    -TPM Present: True

-TPM Version: 2.0

-TPM Manufacturer ID: IFX

-TPM Manufacturer Version: 5.61.2785.0

-PPI Spec Version: 1.2

-Ready For Storage: True

-Ready For Attestation: True

-Information Flags: 0x00000000

-Is Capable For Attestation: True

-Clear Needed To Recover: False

-TPM Has Vulnerable FW: True

-TPM FW Vulnerability: 0x00000001

-ADV170012 - IFX ROCA/Riemann

-PCR7 Binding State: 2

-TPM Spec Version 116

-TPM Errata Date: Friday, January 15, 2016

-PC Client Version: 256

I am on windows 10.

revans2, Apr 16, 2019
  4. TPM - OwnerClearDisabled = True. How to make it false by powershell or cmd

CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

TPM - OwnerClearDisabled = True. How to make it false by powershell or cmd

1. TPM - OwnerClearDisabled = True. How to make it false by powershell or cmd - Similar Threads - TPM OwnerClearDisabled True

2. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  3. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  4. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CMD and Powershell RUSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and Powershell RUSH: Hi mods,My Windows 10 is running cmd and power shell automatically even though I didn't open them. Some errors are popping up and browsers are closing automatically. I captured the picture with my phone because it also freezes my pc mouse. Please help....
  6. True Or False

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    True Or False: Hi Folks, from my short experience using Windows 10, it looks to me that my PC is changing my settings after a restart. Example one, everytime I get rid of the shadows under the desktop icons, they reappear when I restart my laptop. There are other items but will try this one...
  7. Powershell and cmd no network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell and cmd no network: I got my windows from school try to install choco package manager or adding the repo to power shell . non are working as its saying that there is no internet on both cmd and powershell tried ping and curl its the same. But my browser and other apps have great network . Is...
  8. True or false information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    True or false information: why would I get an email from Microsoft asking me to reset my password. How do I know if it's a scam or not, as I get dodgy phone calls from unknown numbers telling me I have a problem....
  9. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  10. cmd vs powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd vs powershell: Greetings. As a normal PC-geek I don't know how, when and why I should use Powershell instead of cmd. Or in another way, why has Microsoft changed cmd to Powershell in the right-click menu? What are the benefits? Or has Microsoft just done this to make fun of us, that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intilize tpm via powershell

2. powershell get tpm owner clear disabled

3. ownercleardisabled tpm powershell

4. powershell command to change TPMready to true,
  5. unable to read the tcg event log initialize-tpm,
  6. clear tpm via cmd,
  7. how to change tpm ownercleardisabled ,
  8. how to change ownercleardisabled,
  9. how to disable tpm to make image,
  10. removing tpm driver with cctk,
  11. clear-tpm change ownercleardisabled value,