Windows 10: TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum

Discus and support TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi folks Could one problem be that in order to install latest versions of W10 that TPM needs to be enabled whether or not you use secure boot etc. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbo45, Jun 22, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum

Hi folks Could one problem be that in order to install latest versions of W10 that TPM needs to be enabled whether or not you use secure boot etc. I did read somewhere that TPM is required - even if not used - for the latest versions of W10 and those who don't have trouble installing might have TPM enabled by default in the BIOS. There's some discussion over at eleven forum on this TPM issue - although I managed to create W11 and many W10 versions in Virtual machines by having TPM disabled. I've got an INTEL laptop where I can disable TPM - so I'll have a go with that and try and install say the W10 co-release from scratch to see if there's any problems. I've also got an AMD desktop where latest versions of W10 wouldn't install - but I had TPM disabled. I'll have an experiment later to see if enabling it makes any difference. Note - only experimenting in UEFI mode - no secure boot etc. Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 22, 2021

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jun 22, 2021
  3. TPM issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having issues with TPM malfunction.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Trusted Platform Module to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you can also refer these article for further assistance:
    Troubleshoot the TPM

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 22, 2021
  4. TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum

how to ask questions in microsoft forum

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this.

Please share these details.

• What is the exact issue you are facing with windows?

I would request you to provide us the proper description of the issue so that we can help you in best possible way.

As your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you.

I suggest you to Refer the link on how to ask questions or help on Forums.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

Kindly post back with the updated information of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum

1. TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum - Similar Threads - TPM Question arising

2. Why can't I participate in online forum discussions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I participate in online forum discussions?: When I try to comment in online discussions it asks me to sign in and when I do it still doesn't post my comment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-participate-in-online-forum-discussions/4b8d03b2-58e5-465c-a5a2-b7fbfce55a18
  3. Why can't I participate in online forum discussions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I participate in online forum discussions?: When I try to comment in online discussions it asks me to sign in and when I do it still doesn't post my comment? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-participate-in-online-forum-discussions/4b8d03b2-58e5-465c-a5a2-b7fbfce55a18
  4. Windows Eleven Forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Eleven Forum: Hi, Does anyone know whether elevenforum.com is a legit Microsoft site?Thanks,techie786 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-eleven-forum/19315b14-1117-40b9-ad7d-7b0c5343201a
  5. Windows Eleven Forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Eleven Forum: Hi, Does anyone know whether elevenforum.com is a legit Microsoft site?Thanks,techie786 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-eleven-forum/19315b14-1117-40b9-ad7d-7b0c5343201a
  6. TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum

in Windows 10 Support
    TPM Question - arising from discussions on eleven forum: Hi folks Could one problem be that in order to install latest versions of W10 that TPM needs to be enabled whether or not you use secure boot etc. I did read somewhere that TPM is required - even if not used - for the latest versions of W10 and those who don't have trouble...
  7. Forum categorisation question

in Windows 10 Support
    Forum categorisation question: Hello, is there a way to remove a thread start from one section of this forum and put it in another one please. I've started a thread but now I realise its in the wrong category. Thanks, Stuart 173404
  8. Embedded tweets and discussion forum issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Embedded tweets and discussion forum issues: I just got a new Surface Laptop, I have Windows 10 v1903 build 18352.356. I am having a problem with embedded tweets not displaying on web pages. I also use a discussion form that uses Invision Community forum software, and the thumbs up button gives an error, and the page...
  9. TPM or NO TPM That is the Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM or NO TPM That is the Question: I have an Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WI-FI-AC and, even though this is built for gaming I use it for everyday work. I have two Two Samsung SSD's, the 970 Pro M.2 which is C drive and the 860 Evo is is D drive. I have done a lot of reading about the TPM that goes to this board...
  10. Question on security--In discussion:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question on security--In discussion:: Regarding the warning: Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers in the Microsoft Community forum. Contact https://support.microsoft.com/contactus if you need help. This is a public community. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information such as...