Windows 10: TPM Security Processor fails to start.

Discus and support TPM Security Processor fails to start. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I've been experiencing constant problems with my TPM on my device. I use BitLocker Drive Encryption on my Windows Drive therefore upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by harrytench, Jun 23, 2019.

1. TPM Security Processor fails to start.

Hello all,

I've been experiencing constant problems with my TPM on my device. I use BitLocker Drive Encryption on my Windows Drive therefore upon booting, I'm always prompted to enter the 25 key recovery key. It's always been troubling me and always working for 5 minutes then failing again. (I have now disabled BitLocker)

In Device Manager, under Security Devices, there is the Trusted Platform Module 2.0 found, but isn't operational.

When I enter the device properties, it says the following:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A protocol error was detected between the driver and the device.

My PC (if that helps)

Windows 10 May Update Build: 18362.175

TPM 2.0 Manufactured by Intel

ASUS H110M-A/M.2 MoBo

8GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 4GB

Intel Core i5 7400 @ 3.00GHz

I also only installed Windows yesterday, and have only installed drivers. Nothing else

:)

harrytench, Jun 23, 2019

2. Update your security processor (TPM) firmware

Is it just piece of cake or is this operation dangerous? I'm afraid to loose all my encrypted data???

3. Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data.
    Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

1. Go to Start > Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Security >
      Device security
    2. Under Security processor, select
      Security processor details
    3. Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under
      Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

FinnSvenning, Jun 23, 2019
  3. constantly being asked tpm reset

There is no TPM update listed for ASUS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/409637...

Microsoft says:

If the manufacturer of your device is not listed in the following table, please contact the manufacturer’s customer support department for next steps.

Clear your TPM

Important

Before clearing your TPM, be sure to back up your data. Do not clear the TPM on a device you do not own, such as a work or school PC, without being instructed to do so by your IT administrator.

How to backup:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Follow these steps to clear your TPM:

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device security .

Under Security processor, select Security processor details.

Select Security processor troubleshooting, and then under Clear TPM, select Clear TPM.

Your device will need to restart before the process is complete.

Andre for Directly, Jun 23, 2019
  4. TPM Security Processor fails to start.

TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

TPM Security Processor fails to start.

1. TPM Security Processor fails to start. - Similar Threads - TPM Security Processor

2. Security Processor Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Processor Problem: I went on my security processor details to enable TPM, but I get nothing The details are:Specifications: Manufacturer Manufacturers Version Specification Version PPI specification Version TPM specification sub-versionStatusAttestation...
  3. Security processor details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security processor details: Security processor details Information about the trusted platform module TPM. There is no TPM available. Please check your BIOS settings. Dismiss Specifications Manufacturer Manufacturer version Specification version PPI specification version TPM specification sub-version...
  4. Secure boot and TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot and TPM: So I don't know if this is a problem or I'm just stupid, but I want to upgrade to Windows 11. The thing is that my processor isn't supported and I need to enable TPM. There's a catch tho, when I went to the BIOS it says that my "Network Boot Protocol" is set to "Legacy IPv4",...
  5. Secure boot and TPM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot and TPM: So I don't know if this is a problem or I'm just stupid, but I want to upgrade to Windows 11. The thing is that my processor isn't supported and I need to enable TPM. There's a catch tho, when I went to the BIOS it says that my "Network Boot Protocol" is set to "Legacy IPv4",...
  6. Secure boot and TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. i had tpm and secure boot on then upgraded my mobo and processor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i had tpm and secure boot on then upgraded my mobo and processor: so i bought a i9 10900k and asus z490 mobo i had tpm 2.0 and secure boot on now my hard drives are not seen in boot manager or detected i cannot boot into windows do i need to plug in the old mobo and processor and disable tmp and secure boot to access my windows files...
  8. Initialisation of TPM security hardware fails

Initialisation of TPM security hardware fails: I had to reset my Surface and am trying to set up my Bitlocker once more but I always get an error. The requested Process is not supported Der angeforderte Vorgang wird nicht unterstützt The TPM module is correctly installed according to the device manager....
  9. Bitlocker and TPM-Security

Bitlocker and TPM-Security: Questions about bit-locker and TPM-security for latest windows 10 version 1909 and up or lower. I’m looking on the web some answer confuse more then it resolves anything. and i want something to easely fall back for myself and other people 1 Do you require to clear...
  10. Alert about firmware update being needed for security processor (TPM)

Alert about firmware update being needed for security processor (TPM): I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. On the task bar there is an icon that indicates "Action Recommended." I click it, and it takes me to "Windows Defender Security Center." I find an exclamation mark near "Device security." It says "A firmware update is needed for your...