Windows 10: "TPM stopped working" leading to a BSOD

Discus and support "TPM stopped working" leading to a BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, For starters, I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop. Recently, my laptop started to get the dreaded BSOD, specifically the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angelito dela Cruz, Nov 17, 2019.

1. "TPM stopped working" leading to a BSOD

Hey all,

For starters, I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop. Recently, my laptop started to get the dreaded BSOD, specifically the DPC_Watchdog_Violation kind. I tried every fix in the book about the DPC violation, but none work. I even did a soft reset (keep files but remove and re-install everything else). I ran a Reliability History setting, and the photo below is what I received. Any one know how to fix this? Just to add, it seems that the issue occurs much more often when I am using Microsoft Word, but I can't say that with certainty. "TPM stopped working" leading to a BSOD 7fdf83bf-f245-41de-99bb-81e07557c10d?upload=true.png

:)

Angelito dela Cruz, Nov 17, 2019

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, Nov 17, 2019
  4. "TPM stopped working" leading to a BSOD

HD4850 atikmdag.sys stopped responding - BSOD

well thats the very first step in trouble shooting BSODs, its obvious your system cant handle the overclock.

eidairaman1, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

"TPM stopped working" leading to a BSOD

1. "TPM stopped working" leading to a BSOD - Similar Threads - TPM stopped working

2. Ethernet Stops working then BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Stops working then BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I recently built a new PC and I am have an issue where if I put my computer to sleep, sometimes the ethernet will have stopped working when I wake it up. If I restart, the PC boots into windows and then blue screens with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. If I full shut down and power...
  3. TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM: Why don't I have TPM enabled on my Dell processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tpm/5f351358-6013-4478-8076-7613e07cccbe"
  4. driver issues leading to BSOD

driver issues leading to BSOD: Hello. For the past couple of weeks I've been dealing with on and off BSODs on my laptop. Initially, I thought I had fixed it by updating the drivers on my computer, but that still did not fix the issue. Today, I reset my computer, but I'm still experiencing the BSOD...
  5. Error: kernel_mode_heap_corruption that leads to BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: kernel_mode_heap_corruption that leads to BSOD: I got a problem: kernel_mode_heap_corruption that leads to BSOD. Here is the info https://1drv.ms/u/s!Api_H-8CZXYJjmEdahhXvxZJ__k-?e=V1NhfO...
  6. TPM or NO TPM That is the Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM or NO TPM That is the Question: I have an Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WI-FI-AC and, even though this is built for gaming I use it for everyday work. I have two Two Samsung SSD's, the 970 Pro M.2 which is C drive and the 860 Evo is is D drive. I have done a lot of reading about the TPM that goes to this board...
  7. Clearing TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing TPM: I ha system image backup and am now resetting my Windows 10 laptop so it can be returned for a warranty repair. Is it ok to clear the TPM and will this be restored to my laptop when I restore the system image backup? Many thanks...
  8. TPM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TPM: My computer keeps asking me to update TPM firmware. I tried to clear tpm but nothing changed. can someone help me please?? Also I don't understand this TPM log: TPM Device Information -TPM Present: True -TPM Version: 2.0 -TPM Manufacturer ID: IFX -TPM Manufacturer...
  9. tpm

tpm: It says to clear my TPM I don't know what that is??? Should I if I should what and where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/tpm/f2604ad9-41af-4133-898d-b07a92e90aed
  10. Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kaspersky update leading to BSOD restart loop?: Greetings, I have had no recent BSOD issues with this Toshiba Satellite L855 whatsoever, until yesterday. I updated my Kaspersky Internet Security after obtaining a license, so it was the newest version of Kaspersky installed after about eight months of not using...