Windows 10: TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance

Discus and support TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, i am damselnsos............( I have enclosed pics of my Bios menu , Just keep scrolling after reading ), My Insignia Flex puter constantly just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kathi shep, Jun 21, 2019.

1. TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance

Hi, i am damselnsos............( I have enclosed pics of my Bios menu , Just keep scrolling after reading ), My Insignia Flex puter constantly just shuts off. In my Device Manager , I look to update my battery and its not there. The AC power is cord is the only device in the battery menu.in my device manager I noticed this after I downloaded a Free and corrupt version of Windows 10. So trying to find out what happened is challenging , I do not want to make matters any worse by enabling or disabling anything , even if I know what it is and suppose to do. , This is the strangest, in-depth Bios menu I ever seen or experienced...Just so much in this Insignia Flex. . . I may not even be looking at the problem of the battery keeping the charge, But I think the sensors and thermal circuits are needed and should be enabled , cooling the device ,components , battery and other things needed. for the power management . Insignia support is the Geek quad in Circuit City or wherever. I thought they had a lot of experience in troubleshooting , understanding circuits . but they are more a quick fix I don't think they would touch this problem with the battery. .I retired as a level A electrical electronic tech in Communications/ satellites/ and medical devices, programmed some equipment we manufactured. I just do not or cannot afford another computer . Not until a better company than Microsoft comes along. I am not fully understanding why Microsoft has and doesn't care about the problems people have after they are bullied into downloading corrupt programs and OS. It's a company which has to have a 10,000 % profit every year. And the only way to get that is screwing computers up so innocently while the whole time they want you to buy a new computer or a new OS system disk. I almost giving up on fixing these things. or trying to enjoy them.Its not worth all this.. Thanks so much to anyone who is trying to help me... I have read some Microsoft users problems in the support community, this has happened to many users , the battery all the sudden not holding a charge...We need to fix this.........I have pictures of my BIOS ....just scroll down.... TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance 38357f4f-0477-4389-a8ef-1b2fc3e1fc29?upload=true.jpg TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance 2570ff6d-1cd5-4d6b-841b-c45487662628?upload=true.jpg TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance 6859694f-9fc4-4447-a8b0-bb03e36a7b4f?upload=true.jpg TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance bc210e59-e30d-4a7e-aa27-d21f95237948?upload=true.jpg Ths ia TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance 4161b5ab-e59f-4d31-8a02-fb5964f3b044?upload=true.jpg

:)

kathi shep, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

low performance when battery is disconnected

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Who is the manufacturer of the computer?
    • When the battery was taken out, was the power plan setting changed?
    • What is the current BIOS version running on your computer? If the BIOS is outdated, please get in touch with the computer manufacturer and get the BIOS updated.

Disclaimer:Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting
    properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Since the battery is swollen, I suggest you to get the battery replaced.

There should not be any low performance issue, if the battery is removed from the laptop. I suggest you to the inbuilt troubleshooter for Power and have a check with the issue.

• Press Windows logo key + I to open
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Power and run the troubleshooter.

Please check with the Power plan settings from control panel and restore the plan to default settings. If you still face the same issue, I suggest you to create a new power plan, then check with issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below to create a new power plan.

1. Press Windows logo key + R and type
      control panel, click on OK.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Create a Power plan.
    4. Select an option from Balanced,
      Power saver and High performance, name the plan and click
      Next to continue.
    5. Change the sleep and display setting if needed, and hit
      Create to finish the task and have a check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 21, 2019
  3. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, Jun 21, 2019
  4. TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance

1. TPM...Thermal Power Management, Battery, and Performance - Similar Threads - TPM Thermal Power

2. Battery Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Performance: Hi ,Since i upgraded my asus laptop to windows 11 my battery is getting stuck at 79% while charging i tried windows trobleshooter but its not able to detect any issues with the power adapters....
  3. Battery Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Performance: Hi ,Since i upgraded my asus laptop to windows 11 my battery is getting stuck at 79% while charging i tried windows trobleshooter but its not able to detect any issues with the power adapters....
  4. Battery & Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery & Power: Hello, So when my laptop battery is low and turns blank, and I charge it before it completely shuts down, the Screen will still remain blank but it's still on....the screen won't come back on even though it's charging...I will have to shut it down with the power button and...
  5. power and battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power and battery: windows get abruptely off when battery reaches below 70 to 75%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-and-battery/221b44a1-01e3-4bd6-af2f-e0f9b0e89db3
  6. battery performance

battery performance: The battery icon shows that my battery is near full on charge, however, now when I try to use my computer without it being plugged in, it cuts off completely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-performance/bc4906c2-eda7-41d4-b873-ce21c68c98ac
  7. Performance issues on battery power - FPS and Latency

Performance issues on battery power - FPS and Latency: Hi, so this happened after I applied a troubleshoot settings on my laptop for 'Power'. Many full-screen applications experienced FPS drop and increased latency. I tried looking for power's additional settings, but failed to resolved the problem. Anyone could help me with...
  8. Power Management Battery/Plugged In

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Management Battery/Plugged In: Hi all, Just a quickie... does anyone know if its possible to set High Performance mode automatically when plugged in and then change this automatically to Balanced when unplugged? I seemed to think this was possible? 132404
  9. Performance on Battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Performance on Battery: I read reviews all the time about the Battery life, or the lack thereof on laptops. Most quote benchmarks that I don't have access to try, such as Bapco, MobileMark2014. Others use video playback until the battery dies but they are not streaming. I ran web browsing test...
  10. My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance: Every 20 minutes my battery plan is switching to high performance. How can I resolve this issue? I am running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-power-plan-keeps-switching-to-high/4568dbfc-f893-4c89-808c-bb47430abdee