Windows 10: TPM

Discus and support TPM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Bitlocker stop working ,I dont know why,The motherboard supports TPM.It is turned on in the Bios motherboard, Tpm management on local pc,I receive the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HarisDuke, May 1, 2020.

1. HarisDuke Win User

TPM

Bitlocker stop working ,I dont know why,The motherboard supports TPM.It is turned on in the Bios motherboard, Tpm management on local pc,I receive the message that, it cannot be found , detected on the computer, verified that this computer is available.I running W10 professional version 2004,os build 19041.208. Also at w.powershell all first test is FELSE. I need your help ,thank you for your time .

:)

HarisDuke, May 1, 2020

2. TPM update

Don't know if this is the right place for this thread but whatever, laptop informed me that " a firmware update is needed for you security processor (TPM)," now, i looked up what to do and from a microsoft support thing, the last step says to clear the tpm. it has a warning saying to back up my data, i would like to know what clearing the tpm does, and what measures i need to take to make sure nothing goes wrong.

ReeeeallyThough, May 1, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Need help on whether to clear TPM on not

It's clear as mud. As far as I can tell, it's specific to Windows, not necessarily activated programs like MacAfee, games, etc etc etc. MS Office, I have no idea.

Here's a lengthy doc on it: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...initialize-and-configure-ownership-of-the-tpm

Sasqui, May 1, 2020
  4. sygnus21 Win User

TPM

TPM Ready with reduced functionality; unable to use BitLocker

Well at this time I have no other suggestions other than to call Asus and see if there's something else that needs to be done or checked on that board.

1. BTW What specific version of Windows 10 are you running?
    2. Are you on the insiders track?
    3. Also, where are you trying to save your TPM password to?

Thanks.

sygnus21, May 1, 2020
Thema:

TPM

1. TPM - Similar Threads - TPM

2. Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15: So this error continuously pop up in my event viewer. Description - General - The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module TPM encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services such as data encryption from being used. For further...
  3. Trusted Plateform Module TPM Problems

Trusted Plateform Module TPM Problems: [ATTACH]I am currently having the issue of TPM, where my TPM status is ready, but whenever I check back on my settings, I noticed that my TPM status keep on blinking over Security processor details corner. Thank you for helping to solve this problem [ATTACH]...
  4. Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?

Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?: I went thru the steps to enable bitlocker without a TPM module. I set it up to enter a password before bootup. Every thing appears to be working okay, but my question is just how secure is the password?! Is it stored on the hard drive unencrypted? How difficult would it be...
  5. Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker on a non-TPM computer how secure is the password?: I went thru the steps to enable bitlocker without a TPM module. I set it up to enter a password before bootup. Every thing appears to be working okay, but my question is just how secure is the password?! Is it stored on the hard drive unencrypted? How difficult would it be...
  6. I Clear my TPM to get it working again, but fails. My PCs "Health" is bad?

I Clear my TPM to get it working again, but fails. My PCs "Health" is bad?: Hello folks. I've built myself a new PC with ASUS TUF B450-PLUS GAMING and AMD Ryzen 5. BIOS says all ready for TPM. "Get-TPM" returns: TpmPresent : True TpmReady : True ManufacturerId : *Lots of numbers* Changed by me...
  7. Will clearing TPM remove my files and post factory application installations?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will clearing TPM remove my files and post factory application installations?: I just defragged my HP laptop and when I went to restart it got this message: The following configuration change was requested for this computer's Trusted Platform Module: Clear TPM Warning: Clearing the TPM erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose...
  8. How is the TPM involved when encrypting system drives with BitLocker?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the TPM involved when encrypting system drives with BitLocker?: Let's say I encrypt my laptop's hard drive with BitLocker and the protectors set are a numerical password (so the recovery key that I can access at aka.ms/myrecoverykey) and a TPM & PIN (so when I start the laptop to get into Windows it needs to recognize the TPM and I need...
  9. clearing the tpm

clearing the tpm: I have an RCA small laptop with windows 10 and I wiped at clear to give to my grandson. At the end a message came up and seems to be stuck there concerning the TPM.I want the TPM to be cleared so he can enter his own information, but it seems to be stuck and wont budge. It...
  10. TPM-Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    TPM-Factory Reset: I was attempting a factory reset. I created a Restore Drive on another Desktop using Win10 and began the restore. At 30% I had to leave my desk and when I returned 3 hours later, I had a blue rectangle on the screen which stated: "The Following configuration change was...