Windows 10: Track child activity on all devices connected to Microsoft family

Discus and support Track child activity on all devices connected to Microsoft family in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I set up my both computer to my Microsoft account and added my son’s account in the Microsoft family. But I faced the problem because I am allowed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob Feldick, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Track child activity on all devices connected to Microsoft family

I set up my both computer to my Microsoft account and added my son’s account in the Microsoft family. But I faced the problem because I am allowed to track his activity just on one of these two computers. When I checked this problem in the Microsoft account settings, I noticed that it says under his account that there is only one device connected to this account.

How can I track his activity on the second computer?

:)

Bob Feldick, Feb 24, 2019

2. Not Tracking Web Browsing Activity on Child Account

Hello,

I had already read that article and tried all those steps mentioned before posting on this forum. Nothing worked. I am still not able to see the web activity on my child's account.

I have already verified that the Family Safety Service is connected to my PC and that my child has the PC listed as a device on their account. My child's account is listed as "child" on my PC account settings. When I sign into the child's account, I have
    verified that Family Safe Monitoring is running because the icon is in the task bar.

This response was not helpful, because as I stated in my original post, I had already read several articles on troubleshooting this issue and nothing worked.

Can you offer me other suggestions that are not mentioned in that Wiki Article?

CoriannFlores, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Track child activity on all devices connected to Microsoft family

Issues with using Family Safety on Windows 10 and child device is not monitored by parent account.

Hi Joe,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if monitor the child device activity is disabled in the Family Safety.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about setting up Family Safety account and how to configure the child limits.

Set up your family:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Set the right limits for your child:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/set-child-limits

Monitor your child's device use with activity reports:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

Please get back to us with an update on issue with configuring child account in the Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Track child activity on all devices connected to Microsoft family

1. Track child activity on all devices connected to Microsoft family - Similar Threads - Track child activity

2. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  3. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account: The Windows device shows on both my Microsoft devices, as well as my sons. But it wont connect to his Family Safety account. His account is not a admin. When I am logged into my account, I made sure 'allow' was selected for the child sign on. I tried rebooting and...
  4. Unable to connect Windows device to child's Family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting: Hi,My 13 year child is able to switch off activity reporting. This seems like a bug, as I would have thought that children should not be able to do this....
  6. Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting: Hi,My 13 year child is able to switch off activity reporting. This seems like a bug, as I would have thought that children should not be able to do this....
  7. Activity Tracking for my child

Activity Tracking for my child: My child, who is thirteen years old, needs restrictions for Apps and Games to keep him focused in this time of remote learning. However, he seems to have found a way around it, as he figured out he could turn off Activity Tracking in his account settings. Is he supposed to be...
  8. Microsoft Family shows wrong activity for my child

Microsoft Family shows wrong activity for my child: Hi! I have given my child permission to use his computer 2 times yesterday - 1 hour and then 2 hours, using the button "my parent is here" and selecting the allowed period. I have watched him using this screen time. I know that he has played Fortnite for 3 hours. Why is the...
  9. See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member How to See Devices Connected to Account of Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family features and...
  10. Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member How to Manage and View Activity of Microsoft Family Child Member on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android Devices A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval...