Windows 10: Track-pad gesture switching of Virtual Desktop for specific monitor

Discus and support Track-pad gesture switching of Virtual Desktop for specific monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Apple/OSX, I can swipe between virtual desktops for just the monitor I have my cursor on while the current desktop on the 2nd monitor remains the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sean Kovacs, May 8, 2020.

1. Track-pad gesture switching of Virtual Desktop for specific monitor

On Apple/OSX, I can swipe between virtual desktops for just the monitor I have my cursor on while the current desktop on the 2nd monitor remains the same.

On Windows 10, when I swipe between desktops on monitor 1, it also switches to the 2nd or 3rd desktop on monitor 2. This isn't ideal - is there a way to only swipe between just the virtual desktops on the monitor that has focus?

:)

Sean Kovacs, May 8, 2020

2. is there a trackpad gesture for switching desktops (windows+ctrl+arrow left or right)

is there a track pad gesture for switching virtual desktops in the same way the key command windows+ctrl+arrow left or right does?

if not is there a way to edit the track pad gestures? because I have no use for the three fingers left to right/right to left gesture and it would be really useful if I could make this gesture control switching between virtual desktops

thanks for taking the time to read Track-pad gesture switching of Virtual Desktop for specific monitor :)

AndrewLomas, May 8, 2020
  3. issues with touch pad gestures with a touchscreen laptop

Thanks for the response.

I have tried the steps you suggested. It showed no issues, except to restart my PC. At the point when I performed these steps, I didn't have the issue that I reported - namely, not being able to use touch-pad gestures. Maybe I should try this when the touch-pad
    gestures stop working.

RakeshS_87, May 8, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Track-pad gesture switching of Virtual Desktop for specific monitor

virtual desktop as multiple monitor

Hello Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Virtual desktops lets you create multiple, separate desktops that each can display different open windows and apps. Multiple desktops are great for quickly switching desktops. The idea of having multiple virtual desktops is being able to order programs
    according to a set of tasks.

PC can’t have different virtual desktop on each monitor. However, we can
    configure the taskbar for multiple displays to send windows from one monitor to another. We can customize Windows to have a taskbar shown on only one display, and a different taskbar on the other display. To do that, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Right click on the taskbar and select
      Taskbar Settings
    • Scroll down to Multiple displays section and choose
      Taskbar where window is open under Show taskbar buttons on option.

By choosing that particular option in Settings, you can set its independent taskbar in addition to your primary display. Only the open windows are shown on the taskbar in that particular display.

As a workaround, we can create a new profile to switch your main display to another. By doing that, you can switch between profiles which will be having different displays in it.
    To do that, follow the below mentioned steps.

• Right click anywhere on the desktop and select Graphics properties > Select
      Display > make changes to change your main displays > click on
      Save profile
      > assign a name to it.
    • You can create multiple profiles to make different monitors as main displays each time.
    • To apply the profile, right click anywhere on the
      desktop and select Graphics Options > Profiles > in there you can select the new account which you have created to switch the display.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Track-pad gesture switching of Virtual Desktop for specific monitor

1. Track-pad gesture switching of Virtual Desktop for specific monitor - Similar Threads - Track pad gesture

2. Need _desktop icon_ to switch to specific virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need _desktop icon_ to switch to specific virtual desktop: Hi, I have to run Windows 10 on a corporate virtual machine (VM). I have been using three virtual desktops within the Windows 10 VM for three different purposes. But now some programs are contstantly stealing focus so I cannot reliably use the Desktop Switcher utility any...
  3. specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor

specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor: What I want to do is: I have setup 3 virtual desktops, and I have 3 monitors - my laptop, 1 viewsonic and 1 hanns monitors. So I want to have each desktop assigned to specific monitor always. When I switch to that desktop, it should automatically open on the assigned monitor....
  4. Switching multiple virtual desktops on external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching multiple virtual desktops on external monitor: Hi everyone, I need some help with switching virtual desktops. I used to have a MacBook pro and I was able to switch between multiple desktops on both my laptop and the monitor external display. I wasn't to be able to do the same, however when I switch desktops on my...
  5. Track pad gestures not working after Boot Camp

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Track pad gestures not working after Boot Camp: I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 through Bootcamp on my early 2015 Macbook Pro and cannot use the track pad for anything but to left click. What I tried: -Reinstalling the mouse driver -Updating the Mouse driver -There is no Boot camp icon, making Apple tutorial...
  6. Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors

Switch virtual desktops independently on multiple monitors: I was delighted to find Windows now has Virtual Desktops which I love. I like having all my work windows on one desktop and then any personal browsing and messaging applications on another. However and this is my use case I work on two monitors with my IDE Development...
  7. Fully disable track pad gestures??!?!?

Fully disable track pad gestures??!?!?: I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I am at my wits end with this issue. I recently purchased an Onn 11.6in Windows tablet. It is working pretty decently except for one major annoyance. I cannot get the gestures to stop on the track pad. Unfortunately the track pad is...
  8. Virtual desktop switch

Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  9. No setting for virtual desktop gesture

No setting for virtual desktop gesture: Hello everybody, I have a laptop HP Pavilion 14-bf114ng, and on it a Windows 10 Home. In my last laptop with the same window in touchpad setting there was the possibility to change the setting of virtual desktop gesture from 4 fingers to 3 fingers. But now does not exist. I...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable windows 10 desktop gesture