Windows 10: Track pad on windows 10

Discus and support Track pad on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just got a new laptop with windows 10. I was adjusting my settings and by mistake i turned off the trackpad and can no longer move the cursor!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MickeyBluewater, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Track pad on windows 10

I have just got a new laptop with windows 10. I was adjusting my settings and by mistake i turned off the trackpad and can no longer move the cursor! how do i turn

the trackpad back on without the trackpad working?

:)

MickeyBluewater, Aug 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 Track pad failure

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Welcome to Windows 10 family.

I would suggest you to install all your Windows Updates as this seems to be a driver issue. If the issue still persists, try updating your track pad drivers from Device Manager and check. Please follow the steps below and check:

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
      Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate track pad drivers and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Aug 16, 2018
  3. nextBook track pad not working

24 weeks ago the track-pad on my nextbook broke. Since then I have updated to windows 10 and recently reinstalled windows 10 in the hopes that it was a driver problem. The f6 button dosen't work at the track pad is completely un-responsive. A external
    mouse works, but I would really like the track-pad to work again. The nextbook is about 1 1/2 years old. Untill 24 weeks ago, the track-pad worked fine.

ZachSchurr, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Track pad on windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Track pad on windows 10

1. Track pad on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Track pad

2. Why does pressing keys stop my Track/Touch Pad from moving?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does pressing keys stop my Track/Touch Pad from moving?: Whenever I am using my touch pad at the same time as typing it always stops whenever I press a key and it takes a couple seconds for it to start working again. While I'm unsure if this is a Microsoft/Windows related problem, I have tried searching for answers but none have...
  3. Why does pressing keys stop my Track/Touch Pad from moving?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does pressing keys stop my Track/Touch Pad from moving?: Whenever I am using my touch pad at the same time as typing it always stops whenever I press a key and it takes a couple seconds for it to start working again. While I'm unsure if this is a Microsoft/Windows related problem, I have tried searching for answers but none have...
  4. I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop: My trackpad on my laptop doesn't allow me to scroll. It can still move and click but i cant scroll using two fingers. I have tried using solutions line but some menus seem to be missing, such as touchpad not showing in device manager....
  5. I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop

I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop: My trackpad on my laptop doesn't allow me to scroll. It can still move and click but i cant scroll using two fingers. I have tried using solutions line but some menus seem to be missing, such as touchpad not showing in device manager....
  6. I cant scroll using my track pad on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Don't Upgrade to 11: My Keyboard, Track-pad and stylus became disabled When I downloaded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't Upgrade to 11: My Keyboard, Track-pad and stylus became disabled When I downloaded...: Hi -When I upgraded the Surface Pro X with LTE to windows 11 the Keyboard, Trackpad and Stylus disappeared. I have downloaded troubleshooting, tried recovery, Gone to a service centre, posted countless requests for help and had no luck. I can not even roll back to 10. I have...
  8. Don't Upgrade to 11: My Keyboard, Track-pad and stylus became disabled When I downloaded...

Don't Upgrade to 11: My Keyboard, Track-pad and stylus became disabled When I downloaded...: Hi -When I upgraded the Surface Pro X with LTE to windows 11 the Keyboard, Trackpad and Stylus disappeared. I have downloaded troubleshooting, tried recovery, Gone to a service centre, posted countless requests for help and had no luck. I can not even roll back to 10. I have...
  9. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...
  10. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...