Windows 10: Track running programs

Discus and support Track running programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am having an issue with splash screens and I don't know which program, they just show for less than a second and they are gone, I have tested for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rdwray, Feb 22, 2019.

1. rdwray Win User

Track running programs

I am having an issue with splash screens and I don't know which program, they just show for less than a second and they are gone, I have tested for malware and viruses and found none. Is there a way to store history of programs that run?

:)

rdwray, Feb 22, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Joe9090 Win User
    Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Track running programs

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Track running programs

1. Track running programs - Similar Threads - Track running programs

2. Windows programs to track screen time (similar to apple)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows programs to track screen time (similar to apple)?: I am looking for an application that can track screen time like apple. I don't want to have to update it each time either. I just want it to track whatever I am doing and put it into categories so I can look at it later similar to how I look at my screen time on my phone...
  3. Tracking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tracking: Hello, i really could use some help here. is there a way for me to see the ip address of a Wi-Fi i connected to last night? i left my house and car keys in a hotel, and i can't get in touch with my friend who GPSed us there. not only that, the second issue is tht it was a...
  4. Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?: I have been using HWMonitor but it does not have desktop widget and I want to track parameters in real-time. 134427
  5. Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program to track CPU and CPU temperature and usage on desktop?: I have been using HWMonitor but it does not have desktop widget and I want to track parameters in real-time. 134427
  6. program not running

program not running: I have installed a program from eleksmaker (laser engraver) this program works well on my old computer but I've a second computer with win10 home on it but this program will not run on the new computer even after several download attempts. I have tried for over two days to...
  7. Running program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running program: unable to run a program due to denovu drive error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-program/8fa3a698-fdf0-4898-93eb-8f93fc203aa5
  8. Track running programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Track running programs: I am having an issue with splash screens and I don't know which program, they just show for less than a second and they are gone, I have tested for malware and viruses and found none. Is there a way to store history of programs that run? 127668
  9. Program that runs a program in a window

Program that runs a program in a window: Basically is there a program that will only run other programs in its window? I have a few programs that popup all the time but have poor or wonky support so I'd like to keep them minimized. Autohot key is not working BTW and most command lines are only for the first run not...
  10. programs not running...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    programs not running...: Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running. When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing. Yet when I click on File-explorer or FireFox there isn't a problem. I have rebooted and shut-down several time. Yet no...